“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Chicago
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel grounds were pretty and pool deck was nice with shaded tables and lounge chairs. The room itself was clean, but basic. It did have a flat screen tv with full cable package. There was an iron/ironing board and fridge in the room. I would compare it to a high 3 or lower end 4 star hotel in the US. We found the service all over the island very friendly, but slow and this was no different.

We also ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant is open air, so I recommend bug spray for dinner. We had a pizza which was surprisingly good. It was freshly made upon order. Breakfast was also freshly made, but not as good as the dinner.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room that had a balcony overlooking the pond. Room was quiet and slept well.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in 2013. Before coming to the island, I researched by looking at pics & reviews online. Lovely hotel from the looks of it, close proximity to the city & most of the reviews were good. Check-in went smoothly upon arrival & the friendly staff escorted me to my room. So far everything looked great, restaurant was exactly as the pics, pool area was good, although I checked in at night. So far so good. So imagine the horror when I entered my room & felt like I was in a flashback in some old 80s movie. I said, "Ok, maybe poor on decor but it could work." WRONG!!!!!!!!! It was a horror movie, I was stalked by mosquitoes for 3 nights coming from what I initially thought was a lovely pond in the front. To make matters worse, the toilets were outdated and clogged frequently, there was no mini-fridge and the television speakers on the relic of a tv made watching my favorite programs a nightmare. To make matters worse, the beds were almost as hard as the ironing board, which by the way was soiled beyond measure with water stains & gosh knows what else!

The conference room was another story, small, cramped, inadequate equipment ( no cordless mics, out of focus projectors), and the refreshments provided by the hotel were far from superb.

The only saving grace for this hotel was the friendly staff at the front desk, bar & dinner service. The meals were satisfactory but the breakfast service left a lot to be desired.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel back in Aug for a few days, it was relaxing there, there is a lovely view of the bay from the top. Customer service was good and the food was delish. location is excellent due to close proximity to the vigie airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The rooms were clean and gave us a beautiful and relaxing view of the tree full of egrets, as well as the harbor and the hills surrounding Castries. The staff was always eager to serve any desire from a dish of their delicious rum and raisin ice cream to a special request for a breakfast for five of green fig and saltfish(St. Lucian National Dish) which had to be ordered at least a day in advance. Even the nightly romantic overtures of the tree frogs became musical toward the end of our stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vieux Fort, Vieux-Fort, St. Lucia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We are locals and we visited the hotel in August. We were really looking forward to staying there after reading all the great reviews on this place, plus there was free wifi in the rooms so i knew that i would be able to catch up on some work. Unfortunately it was not what we expected. The room didn't even have a mini fridge to bgin with, so in order to get a cold drink we had to go to the bar and to make it worse the wifi kept on dropping so i was unable to get much work done. The bar staff and dinner staff were friendly, but the breakfast staff were not too friendly and very unprofessional. One of them wore flip flops while serving which i found to be very strange and unprofessional since ive been in the hotel industry for over 10 years. I tried to overlook all those things and tried to make the best of my stay at the hotel. On the day of departure, after breakfast i went to the front desk to ask what time was checkout. I was told noon. It was a bit after 10am when i asked. When i got to the room, the phone rang and the receptionist informed me that we would have to leave the room at 11 because the maintenance department has to carry out some work in there. That was it for me. I hung up the phone and we left the room immediately which was about 10:30 am. At this point i wanted to ask for a refund but decided against it. I would say that my stay was horrible due to the unprofessional-ism of staff and poor service and i never want to visit this place again. Out
of the many hotels which we have stayed in St Lucia, this one was the most disappointing stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Auberge is a small family run hotel in Castires. It is an old, hotel, but that only adds to the 'charm'. Our room (deluxe king) was simple, but large, clean and comortable and it had a nice balcony.

The location is excellent, between the airport and town, and close to both. It overlooks a small marina. On Thursdays you can observe cruise ships arriving and departing the cruise terminal nearby. There is no beach near the hotel, but there is a small pool on the first floor terrace.

All the staff are very friendly, but especially the evening waiter in the restaurant and Pamela at the reception.

The food in the restaurant is good, but unfortunately not all the items mentioned on the menu are always available (one dish needs to be ordered in advance).

The hotel has a good (and free) wifi connection which also worked well in the room.

Our room had a 'built-in' ironing board as a nice little extra feature (although it would have been nicer if it had not been placed in such a prominent location on the wall).

I will surely stay here when I visit Castries again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Soufriere St Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I live in Soufriere the other end of the Island from this property,

frequently we have to go to the capital on business and to be honest we are extremely picky, ok I am, ( Monica)so I select a few places to have lunch the Augberge is amazing

The service is impeccable , the food superb the value unbeatable, and not only that one has a spotless clean white table cloth, flowers on the table , chilled wine, fresh baked bread, amazing view .

The owners and staff are fabulous, and make sure we are well looked after, seriously what more can one want.

I look forward to eating at this property.

I have to thank the owners and staff for looking after us

Monica and Martin
crystals

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Auberge Seraphine? Share your experiences!