As part of our great “25th Wedding Anniversary” Tour, we stayed for 3 nights at Auberge Seraphine at the start of our holiday. We have stayed here on many occasions for the odd night before or after going to our timeshare at Windjammer, but, this time, we made a positive choice to stay there for longer.
We were given a very friendly welcome and the Rum punch that is served up in the bar is still the best, not too sweet and with plenty of nutmeg. The pool was, as usual, very clean. We arrived early evening and decided not to rush about but to eat in the main restaurant. The food was lovely and the fish particularly good with local vegetables. I couldn’t resist the icecream afterwards.
Our room was classed as Deluxe and overlooked the Seraphine trees where there were many birds nesting. Although set in a slight 70s time warp the shower was very forceful (great after a long flight) and the bed extremely comfortable. I would prefer a safe in the room but that is a minor issue.
During our stay at Auberge we went to a fullmoon party at Cas En Bas with friends, shopped in Castries on the Saturday and saw the veg market in full, stopped off in a few local bars for rum etc and chatted to the sound and rigging crew who were there for the Opening of Carnival. We went to Opening of Carnival which just happened to be on the Sunday of our stay. A great way to start our holiday. Owner, Cammy, was her usual gracious self with a sense of humour. (Glad Chelsea won otherwise she would have been miserable) and all the staff, including the breakfast staff, Barbara, Lucrezia etc. plus Clive in Security, barstaff and Reception great as usual.
Thanks to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small family run hotel in St. Lucia with one of the most popular restaurants on the island. An obvious choice for business travelers visiting Castries or Gros Islet because of its proximity to SLU airport, more and more vacationers are stopping into Auberge Seraphine for one or two nights during their stay on the island for an authentic local experience. While there is no beach, most rooms overlook the pool and beautiful Vielle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Auberge Seraphine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Seraphine Castries
- Auberge Seraphine Hotel Castries
- Auberge Seraphine St. Lucia/Castries