“Great return stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Castries
England
“Great return stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As part of our great “25th Wedding Anniversary” Tour, we stayed for 3 nights at Auberge Seraphine at the start of our holiday. We have stayed here on many occasions for the odd night before or after going to our timeshare at Windjammer, but, this time, we made a positive choice to stay there for longer.

We were given a very friendly welcome and the Rum punch that is served up in the bar is still the best, not too sweet and with plenty of nutmeg. The pool was, as usual, very clean. We arrived early evening and decided not to rush about but to eat in the main restaurant. The food was lovely and the fish particularly good with local vegetables. I couldn’t resist the icecream afterwards.

Our room was classed as Deluxe and overlooked the Seraphine trees where there were many birds nesting. Although set in a slight 70s time warp the shower was very forceful (great after a long flight) and the bed extremely comfortable. I would prefer a safe in the room but that is a minor issue.

During our stay at Auberge we went to a fullmoon party at Cas En Bas with friends, shopped in Castries on the Saturday and saw the veg market in full, stopped off in a few local bars for rum etc and chatted to the sound and rigging crew who were there for the Opening of Carnival. We went to Opening of Carnival which just happened to be on the Sunday of our stay. A great way to start our holiday. Owner, Cammy, was her usual gracious self with a sense of humour. (Glad Chelsea won otherwise she would have been miserable) and all the staff, including the breakfast staff, Barbara, Lucrezia etc. plus Clive in Security, barstaff and Reception great as usual.

Thanks to all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for six consecutive years on an annual business trip, and I am never disappointed. Usually it is from one to three nights. But it is all you need. Located just a mile from the airport on a nice lagoon, the rooms are Caribbean style but first rate; all amenities work and are included (not sure that breakfast is because I have never been up early enough to know), internet works, staff is friendly and helpful, and rates are moderate. Usually $100 per night gets it, since I am a regular. The owner is on premises; It is close to town; and there is a great restaurant and bar as well as meeting rooms. Dont chase a resort. This place is great value and first class, including a well kept pool. And St. Lucia has everything Jamaica has, in a smaller package.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong in you have to be in St. Lucia.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The Auberge Seraphine has the best ice cream in the Caribbean - the rum and raisin is outstanding!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Darlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a well presented hotel, located in close proximity to the St Lucia Vigie airport, and also the ferry terminals in Castries

I was staying here on business. The staff were mainly very friendly and helpful whatever time of day you saw them. There was a conference in the hotel when I was there, but this didn't detract from the place.

The rooms were all clean and fresh, with maid service everyday, along with the free wifi, perfect for a business stop over.

The restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Auberge Seraphine is about 2,3 kms from the the Airport (Vigie) what makes it a very good choice if you want to arrive and leave your luggage before going to a meeting or want to be at the Airport in less than 5 mins when leaving.
Also you are really close to all the Ministries in Castries so you could even walk to get there or the taxi will be very cheap.
I had a really nice view of the bay from my room.
The rooms are quite big (compare it to hotel rooms in europe, haha)
Nothing fancy but ok.
The price in my case included a breakfast.
You a couple of options for breakfast but at the time I was there fruits were not really good
The restaurant has a menu that hasnt changed in years so dont expect too much out of it. They have a couple of good dishes and they keep doing that over the years as they told me.
The owners (Camille) and most of the staff is really nice and ready to help you out.

The only two problems I found were:
1. Barbara (I think that is her name). She is the responsible of the restaurant and is rude with some of the clients (I was among those) not saying goodmorning, telling you you can not seat in certain tables, not coming to you to take your order if you are not in one of the tables she thinks you should be seating, or even if so, passing by you without even looking at you, not smiling, talking tou you as if she was barking to you while she is laughing and smiling with other clients... anyway not a major problem if you are not staying there too long or having breakfast before her arrival...
2. location: there is only one restaurant close to this hotel: the coal pot. for the rest they tell you you have to go to Rodney Bay which will cost you between 70 and 100 EC in taxis. They tell you not to go to Castries at night because there are no restaurants so if you stay for more than a night you are stuck at the hotel...

On the other hand I was able to run 10k making a nice circuit from there. Something not so easy if you stay at Rodney Bay without making a couple of laps.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Acting on the recommendation of my cousin, I arrived at the Auberge Seraphine and was instantly impressed. The staff are amongst the most courteous and accommodating I've encountered at any hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and well appointed. My room opened up to a lovely pool, even though I never used it. Another attractive addition was that I had free wifi throughout the hotel. This makes the Auberge Seraphine the ideal place for business travelers as well as those who need to remain in contact with family while away. It was a pleasure to sit on the upper terrace overlooking the water and look at the Egrets settle, while having a drink at sun set. The bar is more than adequately stocked and the restaurant, well laid out, serves excellent meals which are surprisingly very affordable. Should you require a place close to the airport and every other major activity center in St Lucia, I would definitely recommend the Auberge Seraphine. The only downside to staying at the Auberge Seraphine is the absence of a beach within walking distance (which they do mention on their website). However, the other conveniences makes it worth the stay. Should you decide to stay at the Auberge Seraphine, make sure to have Denver,the bartender, mix you a kokonut rum and pineapple juice. It is definitely the best I've had.

S. Peters

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I spent five nights there from the 24th to the 29th January. You pay beer money, yet you still get enough champagne.
You get champagne in terms of efficient service.
You get champagne in terms of treatment; they tend to treat you like family. I was impressed by the informality and customer-trusting nature from booking, through check-in and then checkout. I hope that no circumstances arise that would cause them to change their way of doing business – hospitality without officiousness.
I had a minor issue at around 1.30 a.m. on my first night and was able to have my room changed immediately and amiably by the overnight manager whose name I believe was Swelen.
Many thanks to Barbara who attended to me at breakfast, Thomas, who attended to me at dinner together with Miriam and Camilla at the front desk who extended a number of courtesies to me, all deeply appreciated.
I had no complaints and was satisfied with my room and its maintenance. I loved the view from my room’s balcony and would stay up late at night just enjoying the refreshing night air. I felt safe at all times on the compound and always saw security personnel on the compound.

Room Tip: Rooms have a view of the bay, but the top level provides the better panoramic view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Auberge Seraphine? Share your experiences!