“Great Food! Great Ambiance!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Castries
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Fish and seafood specialties restaurant on water front at Vigie Cove, Chef Xavier Ribot leads since 12 years this charming restaurant offering french and Caribbean cuisine.
Texas
“Great Food! Great Ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Best meal we had on the island. Lobster was out of season but we had Escargot, Crab Back & shrimp cocktail for starters - delicious! We had the snapper, barracuda and jumbo grilled shrimp for entrees - fabulous! We had a Chilean bottle of wine that was fruity & sweet which is what we like. The desserts were lacking - the cheesecake tasteless and the chocolate cake was just weird - maybe less sugar than our American tastebuds liked. But we still give this restaurant our highest review because everything else was just so good!

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Not sure where the name came from - Diamond Pot?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved the location right on the harbour, the personality of the staff, the decor of this restaurant and the quality of the food. We were recommended by the owner of our resort and we were not disappointed at all.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not the easiest restaurant to find and beware of what taxi drivers try to charge you for a return trip from Rodney Bay. The restaurant is by an inlet off the main harbour; the views are variable depending on your table but the setting and décor overall are excellent. The choice and quality of the food was top quality and the service although a little slow was of a high standard. It is well worth seeking out this excellent restaurant but ensure if coming by taxi you negotiate the fare and currency to be charged before you depart. $25 each way from Rodney Bay as some ask is more expensive than London for the distance travelled. Booking is essential for the restaurant. Apart from the row with the taxi driver it was a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kinghorn, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited here on Wednesday night, the setting surprised us as the entrance was down a dark lane. The restaurant is an open building on the side of the water, very nice and the atmosphere was very good.
We had reserved by email and got a confirmation and directions prior to our visit. Service was brilliant we were served by Porsche and other staff who's names I did not catch.
We both had soup to start and both were excellent, especially the onion soup.
I went for the seafood option here and had Tuna with a coconut curry sauce. I was concerned that it was going to be overpowering but it complimented the Tuna very nicely. The vegetables and sauces were very good and we could not manage a dessert or even a coffee as we were so full.
Service was very quick and efficient with really nice friendly staff.
Our only observation was that the main courses could have been a little hotter , we put this down to the plates not being heated. I don't like sending food back in restaurants and make a point not to do this but did feel it would have been nicer if the plates had been hotter.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Fine Evening Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I selected the Coal Pot for our anniversary dinner. Getting there was quite an experience. Traveling down a dark road along an airstrip and turning onto what looks like a sketchy industrial area only added to the suprise. From the outside it looks like nothing but once you walk in, the ambiance takes over. I have seen a few reviews mentions "middle of the room," since the actual dining area was L shaped and ran along the outside edge of the restraunt, every seat was on the water. Sitting there watching the water splash on the rocks, the ocassional small plane take off and debating if the house cat was pregnant or fat with my wife, only added to the experience. (It's Fat) The food was quite tastey, I had a steak and my wife had fish. However, the deserts were extrodinary. I had the choclate cake which was the best I have ever had and my wife had an apple fritter thing. I really didn't notice, mine was so good. However, she wanted to lick the plate clean. I found the staff very friendly, courtious and attentive. All in all it was an excellent experience. I would go back.