“Not sure where the name came from - Diamond Pot?” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #2 of 19 restaurants in Castries
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Fish and seafood specialties restaurant on water front at Vigie Cove, Chef Xavier Ribot leads since 12 years this charming restaurant offering french and Caribbean cuisine.
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Not sure where the name came from - Diamond Pot?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved the location right on the harbour, the personality of the staff, the decor of this restaurant and the quality of the food. We were recommended by the owner of our resort and we were not disappointed at all.

Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not the easiest restaurant to find and beware of what taxi drivers try to charge you for a return trip from Rodney Bay. The restaurant is by an inlet off the main harbour; the views are variable depending on your table but the setting and décor overall are excellent. The choice and quality of the food was top quality and the service although a little slow was of a high standard. It is well worth seeking out this excellent restaurant but ensure if coming by taxi you negotiate the fare and currency to be charged before you depart. $25 each way from Rodney Bay as some ask is more expensive than London for the distance travelled. Booking is essential for the restaurant. Apart from the row with the taxi driver it was a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kinghorn, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited here on Wednesday night, the setting surprised us as the entrance was down a dark lane. The restaurant is an open building on the side of the water, very nice and the atmosphere was very good.
We had reserved by email and got a confirmation and directions prior to our visit. Service was brilliant we were served by Porsche and other staff who's names I did not catch.
We both had soup to start and both were excellent, especially the onion soup.
I went for the seafood option here and had Tuna with a coconut curry sauce. I was concerned that it was going to be overpowering but it complimented the Tuna very nicely. The vegetables and sauces were very good and we could not manage a dessert or even a coffee as we were so full.
Service was very quick and efficient with really nice friendly staff.
Our only observation was that the main courses could have been a little hotter , we put this down to the plates not being heated. I don't like sending food back in restaurants and make a point not to do this but did feel it would have been nicer if the plates had been hotter.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Fine Evening Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I selected the Coal Pot for our anniversary dinner. Getting there was quite an experience. Traveling down a dark road along an airstrip and turning onto what looks like a sketchy industrial area only added to the suprise. From the outside it looks like nothing but once you walk in, the ambiance takes over. I have seen a few reviews mentions "middle of the room," since the actual dining area was L shaped and ran along the outside edge of the restraunt, every seat was on the water. Sitting there watching the water splash on the rocks, the ocassional small plane take off and debating if the house cat was pregnant or fat with my wife, only added to the experience. (It's Fat) The food was quite tastey, I had a steak and my wife had fish. However, the deserts were extrodinary. I had the choclate cake which was the best I have ever had and my wife had an apple fritter thing. I really didn't notice, mine was so good. However, she wanted to lick the plate clean. I found the staff very friendly, courtious and attentive. All in all it was an excellent experience. I would go back.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting, tasty food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had been recommended this eatery by a number of people and it was of a good standard. Warm bread was given almost immediately and the wine menu had a good selection offered. We went for a merlot at $66 EC so about £19 Our group of four had starters of creole calamari creole mussels, and fish chowder. All were good, calamari well cooked and fish chowder tasty but have had better. The mussels were large and my family thought delicious. The mains were 2 x large shrimp one with garlic butter the other with creole sauce, they came accompanied with rice selection of veg and puréed sweet potatoes. I thought this dish very average and have eaten better in a shack in India!! The boys had surf and turf and I tasted some of my husbands which had a Roquefort cheese sauce on this was delicious. The total charge for our food with two bottles of wine was €780 EC dollars so over £200 sterling. My husband and I thought it was pricey for what we got and the quality but if you want to escape the monotony of your hotel food then give it a go. It definitely is not on par with even a Jamie's Italian and would have liked more"locally" inspired dishes

• Visited May 2013