“We will return!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Jou Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castries
Bel Jou Hotel
You added Bel Jou Hotel to your Saves list
PO Box 296 | La Pansee, Castries 89131, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“We will return!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We returned from the Bel Jou last Saturday, what a joy, what a country!! St. Lucia is Paradise and the Bel Jou helps you enjoy this Paradise. Everything was perfect as far as we were concerned. Lovely location, clean rooms, wonderful staff, great entertainment in the evenings and plenty to do during the day if that is what you want. Thanks in particular to Henry Phillips, the Saga rep. making sure that we all got what we wanted out of the holiday, whether it was playing croquet, or just chilling out by the pool!! We have been to this hotel before and we certainly hope to go again. Thank you to Camilla and all the staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just returned form the Bel Jou and have to say how impressed I was. The Hotel Manager is a lady called Camilla who is fantastic, she is helpful and kind and runs the hotel fantastically. The staff are happy and helpful and nothing is too much trouble (always a sign of good management) The hotel is clean and well maintained. Food excellent. Pool area, smallish but always plenty of sun loungers, comfy ones too.
The gardens are beautiful and everywhere is spotlessly clean. My bathroom light stopped working and it was fixed within an hour of me reporting it., you can't ask for more than that. Will definitely be returning. There are nice touches such as umbrellas, binoculars and bug spray in your room, which is great. Well done to all at bel Jou.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bathgate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Travelling with my daughter's husband on a weeks break in St. Lucia turned out to be the best , relaxing time for us both ( we're both carers with our wives being taken care of at home ) , yet still a joy for us as well. At the Bel Jou we were met by the General Manager , a lovely lady , Camilla , and Andy from SAGA ( easily the best Rep I've known ) . We were both assured that all would be done for us to have an enjoyable trip , but they were quite wrong ,simply because we had a truly wonderful time. All of the staff in the Hotel were quite young , the Waiters, the Bar staff, the security guards , and each and everyone of them were so polite and helpful and would "go the extra mile " to aid to our enjoyment , yet were never " in your face " at any time . The rooms were spotless, as was the whole Hotel , kept scrupulously clean by all. The meals were so well done and well balanced ,and if there was nothing on the menu that you liked , the Chef would prepare a meal for you and to your taste ( a first for me at least in any hotel ) such was the attention to detail . There were three people there at the same time who would complain about everything , but were constantly laughed at by all the others in the hotel , so much so that they themselves became th laughing stock of us all and a great source of comedy to us all . I actually thank them for the laughs !!!! To Camilla, Andy and all the Staff I thank them profoundly and profusely . Would I recommend this Hotel ?
A resounding YES . !!!
Would I return there . ?
In a flash !!!!
Go see , and enjoy , for yourselves .
We both loved our stay. !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend an amazing two weeks in Bel Jou in October 2010 after the Islands of the Carribean tour with Saga.Yes it is at the top of a steep hill but you are made well aware of this in the brochure before booking. The courtesy bus is frequent and the trips to the beach are available throughout the day,The staff,without exception were amazing and reading the current feedback this still seems to be the case.We had torrential rain for several days so we had a brolly and walked the gardens or went to Rodney Bay,it didn't spoil our holiday just gave it another dimension...rain when it is 34 degrees is just an outside shower,enjoy it.We were lucky enough to explore the Grenadines which involved a 45 minute transfer on an 8 seater plane,crazy but an adventure we will never forget. Andy is an asset to the reputation and running of Bel Jou and part of an incredible team that make this a truly memorable destination.On that note I am so excited and fit to burst as we have booked for a return visit in March next year for a extra special celebration,I can hardly wait. So,if you get the chance to visit this amazing hotel with it's incredible and original team please don't hesitate,do it soon.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which was wonderful as I have mobility restrictions and the outlook was fabulou...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My first saga holiday and I am sure not my last I will go on my own or with my partner. The hotel was brilliant and even though going to close down for renovation still looked after us. The staff are obliging and work very hard, it is a shame that some people expect them to work like the British (fast and furious) and complained about the silliest things.
Highlight of the holiday has to be the carnival and thank you for organising this the staff excelled.
ANDY well as other postings he works so hard is very sacastic/funny but also very caring he was simply the best he made my holiday I have never met a rep like him and I am sure he will do well wherever he goes in the future.
My room had everything I needed except for those mossies.
I dont miss the tree frogs they went on all night long/then the birds started.
The cleaner did a good job.
Trips that were included and ones I bought were well worth doing.
Courtesy bus was well appreciated.
The people I met made my holiday the majority were lovely and I am sure I will keep in touch with them.
Gill

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at the Bel Jou (June) and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
The rooms are spacious with two double beds, flat-screen TV/DVD and remote control air-conditioning. They were cleaned thoroughly every day. The gardens are well maintained with plenty of exotic flowers and shady areas. The pool is small but we never had a problem getting sun loungers.
The meals are buffet style but with plenty of choice and there was always a fish dish and a vegetarian style dish so all tastes were catered for. The food was always hot and well cooked.
Located on top of a VERY steep hill was not a problem - the courtesy bus runs regularly to Castries and Vigie Beach, Rodney Bay and Pigeon Island.The beaches are good (we thought Pigeon Island was the best) and although a few people tried to sell us necklaces and bracelets, a polite no was all that was needed.
The staff at the hotel were pleasant and friendly, as were the locals in Castries.
The Saga rep, Andy, was excellent - not obtrusive but always around if you needed help or advice, as was Camille, the Hotel Manager.
The choice of excursions was good - we did the Whale and Dolphin Watching one and saw 12 Sperm Whales and many Dolphins. The Rainforest Aerial Tram was also excellent.
We loved the whole experience and would not hesitate to return here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the 3rd and 4th floor give better views, but bear in mind that there are NO l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Bel Jou Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback concerning our hotel in St Lucia, we take every step to ensure your holiday is enjoyable.

It’s wonderful to hear that you experienced the excursions and made use of the shuttle bus trips to the beaches.

With regard to the food on offer we aim to cater for all tastes with our buffet style meals, ensuring a good choice is available to suit everyone.

We are proud of our team at the Bel Jou and pleased that they enhanced your holiday in St Lucia.
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have just returned from my holiday after reading such awful reviews about the place i thought what am I going too.Well all i can say is it must be a differant hotel to what I stayed in.The staff, including the manager ,and Andy the saga rep were very nice friendly people they could not do enough for you .The food was excellent very tasty and plenty of it .But there was about 4 people moaning about it even though they were in the dining first and always had plenty on their plates but you always get that were ever you go!!!! It was the first holiday on my own the other guests were all very friendly so please do not be put off going if you want a good holiday and wonderful views and gardens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bel Jou Hotel? Share your experiences!