“What a pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belle Kaye

You added Belle Kaye to your Saves list
Belle Kaye
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Cap Estate | Gros Islet, Castries RB2485, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Castries B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Belle Kaye comments
I booked this apartment at the very last minute when the accommodation I was due to stay at fell through. I was a bit concerned as to what to expect as it was available towards the end of the Jazz Festival.
What a pleasant surprise and so much nicer than my stay at the Rex the previous year. I had arranged for the owner to collect me from the airport and it was the standard fare.
The pictures on the site are a little dark, I have taken some and attach them and hope they are a little better. The site consists of several apartments, from memory I think three 1 bedroom apartments which face on to the pool, a luxury apartment, above these and a separate 2 bedroom apartment on the other side. The apartment I was in faced the pool. It was a good size, clean and bright and pleasantly furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The bedroom had an air conditioning unit and the front room a fan. The bedroom was quite cool with the air con unit, but the lounge could get quite hot, but you are in the Caribbean so why would you want to be in the apartment. There is also a safe in the apartment and no additional charge for using it as in some hotels!
The kitchenette provided adequate cooking facilities; cooker, fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle. A welcome pack was not provided, but tea and coffee and milk were.
When I stayed the owner, Eroy, of the apartments was also staying in the complex and offered me refreshments the next morning as my hire car had not arrived in order for me to do some shopping. The owner and the man who manages the site for him, Peter, were both very helpful and friendly. They even let me join them on a trip to the fish fry in Gros Islet. There was a pool and an area to relax and read a book, there were only 2 loungers and a patio table set, but at the time I was there I had no problems using them.
There was no maid service but I did not need it, however, Peter did check to see when I needed fresh bedding and towels.
The main and pedestrian gates are kept padlocked for security reasons. I did not feel that this was necessary, but it may have made others more comfortable.
It is a good base particularly if you want to travel around. It is away from Rodney Bay, so you do not get the noise from the bars in that vicinity. I think you do need a car if you are staying here as I do not think it is close enough to walk to Rodney Bay. There was information provided in the room as to what was in the area and in Rodney Bay. It said there was a bus which went past infrequently, but I did not see or look for it, as I had a car . If you do just want to go and lie on the beach, you are better off staying in the Rodney Bay area, but if you do plan to travel around, I would recommend this as a base
There are lots of places to eat in the Rodney Bay area – I am not too sure about the area near the apartment, as I was out with friends most evenings. I saw a couple of roadside bars, but I did not use them.
This was extremely good value and a very nice place, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business

Been to Belle Kaye? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Belle Kaye

Address: Cap Estate | Gros Islet, Castries RB2485, St. Lucia
Location: Caribbean > St. Lucia > Castries Quarter > Castries
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 13 B&Bs / Inns in Castries
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Belle Kaye 2.5*
Belle Kaye is an affordable luxury holiday rental apartments & villa in St. Lucia with beautifully furnished accommodation for up to 16 guests in four luxury apartments and one Villa. Ideally located at the entrance to the prestigious Cap Estate, on the north coast of St. Lucia, “Belle Kaye” offers panoramic views of Rodney Bay, Pigeon Island and surrounding areas. It is a short distance from Reduit stunning golden mile sandy Beach. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Belle Kaye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Belle Kaye St. Lucia/Castries

If you own or manage Belle Kaye, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.