“Good food with amazing views” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 171 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food with amazing views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The view is spectacular from practically all the tables, the food was nice and fresh and full of island flavors.

Visited June 2012

Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Ladera and therefore experienced the food for breakfast every morning... a few lunches and of course dinner.

Breakfast was delicious, I tried to have something different every morning... but my favorites were their granola, the chocolate croissants and the banana preserve they give you to spread on bread. I wish they sold jars of that so I could bring it home. The service was always exceptional, many people waiting on you... but Neilbert seemed to be our main server every morning and he was awesome! He often served us when we would sit in the bar area as well. His tropical concoction was delicious as well! Im not sure what was in it, but i loved it!

For lunch we tried the burger, which was delicious. We would often order the small plates after lunch had ended. We enjoyed their chicken satays and plantain chips. They were my husbands absolute favorite. We ate those almost everyday, either as a late lunch or appetizer before dinner.

As for dinner... the ambience alone makes you want to be there. Between the view, the live music, decor and lighting... i cant imagine any place prettier. I never got enough of it. My husband was fond of the bread chips they served prior to dinner. We tried many different dishes since the menu changes from night to night. Everything from the scallops, steak, chicken, pasta, shrimp.. we changed it up every meal and were never disappointed. One thing we found somewhat silly though is that they often didn't have a few things on the menu and would substitute it with something else... but they would have different menus each night, so you would think they just would not print the things they did not have. I am not complaining, as more often than not the item they substituted in was what I ordered... it just seemed silly.

Desserts were wonderful! Just thinking about the chocolate lava cake and the chocolate decadence makes my mouth water.

People who are complaining about the cost, must not have read any reviews... or perhaps are uneducated about the cost of things when you are on an island. Everything in that area cost a lot .. Dasheene is on par with every other restaurant in that area of the same caliber, since we ate a quite a few... and it was delicious.

New York City, New York
“Fantastic view, great food, and the best staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First, I would like to personally thank Ms. Lee Donat, the Manager at Dasheene Restaurant for accommodating my requests, and I'd also like to thank her entire staff for helping to make the night of our visit to Dasheene the most memorable night of our trip. I just returned from Saint Lucia, and although I did not stay at Ladera, the service we received at Dasheene was above and beyond perfection. The staff did a truly wonderful and amazing job. I planned to propose to my then girlfriend, now fiance, during dinner with Dasheene's majestic view as our backdrop. Not only did Ms. Donat accommodate this special request, but she also put me in touch with a photographer to capture this moment, who also did a fantastic job. His name is Sylvester Rameau with A Perfect Image (www.aperfectimagecaribbean.com) and I highly recommend him if you need a photographer for weddings, anniversaries, proposals, etc. I had my reservations for 6:30PM and we arrived there a little early to catch the sunset. Upon arrival, we were ushered to two front row seats with a magnificent view of the sunset and the Pitons. When it came time to pop the question, I wanted to find a private place away from the crowd. The staff allowed me to use their balcony area, which is normally the dining area. They sectioned off the balcony just for us and it gave me the perfect setting to propose. Afterwards, we had dinner and the food was just as good as the service. Claudette, who also helped with the arrangements, was present during dinner serenading guests with her lovely voice. We came back two days later to have lunch and to personally thank Ms. Donat as she was not working during the night I proposed. Ms. Donat, Claudette and her staff were such a pleasure to work with. They made sure everything was perfect! Thank you Lee and to the rest of Dasheene's staff for an unforgettable night!

St. James
“View Would have Been Enough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Drove 1 1/2 hrs through twisty turny mountain roads to get to Soufriere. Staff at our hotel had recommended Dasheene for lunch, a restaurant at Ladera resort. Resort was way up, on the side of a mountain - the view was of the Pitons, with the sea on the horizon between the two. Incredible. The restaurant was on several floors of open-air terraces. We sat on the top floor and noticed a water-gun on each table - we finally realized they were there to deter any birds looking for crumbs. We did not begrudge the birds a few crumbs - after all, we were in their territory, amongst the mountain tops!

The chef was extremely accommodating of my vegetarian request, creating a fabulous grilled vegetable tart to follow my Pineapple Gazpacho appetizer. Incredible again! My husband enjoyed his Lemongrass Shrimp appetizer and Fish Roti very much. Dessert was the lightest, most wonderful chocolate mousse I've ever tasted. The chef even came out at the end of our meal to make sure we liked everything! Staff was very friendly and professional.

Highly recommend - only wish we could have gone again for dinner, but road too difficult to drive at night from Castries.

Saint James, New York
“Worth the Drive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We drove 90 minutes to tour Soufriere, so needed to have lunch before sightseeing. It would have been worth it just to have lunch here. The outdoor restaurant (part of a resort) is on a mountain with a view of the sea framed by the Pitons, with a gentle breeze. Water pistols are on every table to keep away any pesky birds (none bothered us during our visit-too bad I wanted to test my marksmanship). Fantastic, food- pineapple gazpacho, grilled shrimp, barracuda roti, grilled vegetable tart specially prepared for a vegetarian. Topped by a great chocolate mousse. Very friendly service, interesting decor. Go out of your way to find this place!