“View Would have Been Enough!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 175 restaurants in St. Lucia
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
St. James
“View Would have Been Enough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Drove 1 1/2 hrs through twisty turny mountain roads to get to Soufriere. Staff at our hotel had recommended Dasheene for lunch, a restaurant at Ladera resort. Resort was way up, on the side of a mountain - the view was of the Pitons, with the sea on the horizon between the two. Incredible. The restaurant was on several floors of open-air terraces. We sat on the top floor and noticed a water-gun on each table - we finally realized they were there to deter any birds looking for crumbs. We did not begrudge the birds a few crumbs - after all, we were in their territory, amongst the mountain tops!

The chef was extremely accommodating of my vegetarian request, creating a fabulous grilled vegetable tart to follow my Pineapple Gazpacho appetizer. Incredible again! My husband enjoyed his Lemongrass Shrimp appetizer and Fish Roti very much. Dessert was the lightest, most wonderful chocolate mousse I've ever tasted. The chef even came out at the end of our meal to make sure we liked everything! Staff was very friendly and professional.

Highly recommend - only wish we could have gone again for dinner, but road too difficult to drive at night from Castries.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Saint James, New York
“Worth the Drive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We drove 90 minutes to tour Soufriere, so needed to have lunch before sightseeing. It would have been worth it just to have lunch here. The outdoor restaurant (part of a resort) is on a mountain with a view of the sea framed by the Pitons, with a gentle breeze. Water pistols are on every table to keep away any pesky birds (none bothered us during our visit-too bad I wanted to test my marksmanship). Fantastic, food- pineapple gazpacho, grilled shrimp, barracuda roti, grilled vegetable tart specially prepared for a vegetarian. Topped by a great chocolate mousse. Very friendly service, interesting decor. Go out of your way to find this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic view but the food was at best average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I think that this is maybe one of the tourist traps in St Lucia. It defiantly has a stunning location overlooking the mountains and ocean but not a lot else. I had a goat curry which I was told is a very popular local dish. My curry consisted of more sharp boans than meat in a very pleasant sauce. The rice was very stodgy and boring. The cocktails were great and service very good. Overall an Average experience but for $97 for 2 for a light lunch a bit overpriced. Our hotel food at the Rendezvous was far better and included in the price of our stay.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Get there early - 5.30 - have a drink in the bar and enjoy the views. Food was very good and we booked a table at 6.30. When we were shown to our table - 2nd row - I asked if we could have one at the front. I was told that the front tables were reserved for residents, which is understandable. However it made us feel like 2nd class customers. I would suggest that it would be better to say "they are all reserved".
The waiting staff were very good - all the right signs. As I said the food was very good and catered for my wife (a vegitarian) very well.
The band in the bar were also very good and it gave the whole place a lovely ambiance and it felt like we were some place different. (I don't places that could be anywhere in the world).
Would we go back - absolutely. Value for money with the views and entertainment - very good.

Visited May 2013
Sharon, Pennsylvania
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I had reservations but still had to wait half an hour after our reservation time. The food selection was not that great. Just about everything on the menu they didn't have, they had other food in place of it. They do have a dress code. My husband wore jeans and a long sleeve button up shirt with white tennis shoes. I wore a black and white beachy kind of dress with black flip flops (someone said you would get turned away if you wore flip flops, but I didn't) The staff was very nice, service and food could have been a little better though. The price was about the same if you were to go to any other restaurant near Dasheene.

• Visited April 2013