“Spectacular sunset views and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 179 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Spectacular sunset views and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Go for sundowners then stay for dinner - make sure you spray against mosquitos as there are many! Great view of the sunset between the Pitons and fab cocktails. Very welcoming and friendly staff, even if you are just there for drinks and dinner (we were staying at Sugar Beach). Food was great, very knowledgeable sommelier who gave good wine recommendations. We felt though that the restaurant felt very cramped - alot of tables in a small room. Good service though, and the boutique has some lovely local crafts for sale - remember your passport if you want Duty Free.

Visited December 2012

Lausanne
“overpriced and overdone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

they fail to hold the promise. In the end to expensive for what it is and it isn't much. But when you have to dine there...

Visited January 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“A lunch must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at Ladera therefore we ate at Dasheene many times during our trip. I would suggest definitely having lunch there for two reasons. The view is the best on the entire island and you are not able to see it at night! Also I loved every lunch meal I had there. My favorite was the Tuna Burger with fresh cucumbers. It was fantastic! Hit the spot after a day of hiking. The fish and chips were better than I've had in London. Really quality thick pieces of fresh fish in a wonderfully sweet and flavorful batter. My husband had the Creole burger several times and really enjoyed it. The dinner was definitely good but I felt a little disappointed considering all the rave reviews I had read. One bad moment for me personally was when I ordered the Beef Tartare. Maybe it was just not to my personal preference but it was a ball of raw meat with onions. It really turned me off. I attached a picture. The Minestrone soup with pesto and the Lobster Bisque were absolutely delicious though. I really enjoyed both. A very good restaurant but I did feel it was a bit overrated as far as the food. However, the good food combined with the unbeatable and breathtaking view, makes it a must!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“Dasheene view better than the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

we went to Dasheene for lunch and the food and service was not up to the price you pay for the meal.Service was very slow and the food was just average.The panoramic high altitude view of the pitons while overlooking the Caribbean sea made up for the slow service and average food.If you came just for the view I would stay in the bar area ,great seats and drinks and small menu.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Great Restaurant, Fantastic Views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our second visit to this beautiful resort hotel. We love the food at this venue, but are always blown away by the magnificent views of the Pitons and surrounding area. Service here is always great, and the staff is gracious, warm and friendly. This is an inviting place to enjoy a meal, but to also appreciate the beauty of this island.

Visited November 2012