“Everytime I went to Saint Barths,I had choosen this hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Guanahani & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Guanahani & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Guanahani & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lieu dit Marigot, 97133, St Barthelemy   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
20% off room rate
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Everytime I went to Saint Barths,I had choosen this hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The chalés are really nice,the food is marvellous.It is my favorite hotel át. The Caribe.It is looking like you are eating In Paris!The localization is very good,the beach is privative.It is not very near the centre of Gustavia,but I liked that.as well!

Room Tip: One with a good view from the terrace,dancing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are looking for a place for a quiet get away where you can get away from your daily hustle and bustle this is it. It does not matter if you are a movie star, rock star, billionaire or a common working person, you will be treated with the upmost respect and your every need will be taken care of.

The hotel is very clean. No dust, dirt or blemish anywhere. Rooms are fantastic.

We stayed in room 55. It was a bit far from the beach, pool and fittness (Closer to the lobby and spa), but we liked that. It has a water view and is just steps to a private dock for the resort. Most evenings, we had the dock to our selves, whatching the turtles swim and the sun go down from great comfy chairs with big cousions. We used the pool at the spa vs the one at the beach, but we like it quiet and were the only people at the spa pool each afternoon for a quick swim.

We had the free breakfast each day, american and continental served so eggs were included! It was enough to hold us over till dinner.

Only down side was that cabs are expensive and we did not want to dirve, so we were a little tied to the resort (we like to get out). But it forced us to relax, so that was a good thing.

If I stayed again, I'd spring for a room with a pool.

We had fun with the Turtles walking the resort and the cats. It added a fun charm. We had a cat come to our deck one day to sleep and a turtle came up on the deck to say hi too. It was cute.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

First the good news. The accommodations are first class, the spa is incredible, and the fact that they have a pool is rare at a hotel on the island. Now for some of my concerns. I had checked the morning before if they had availability for upgraded accommodations, they did. When I arrived I pointed out that we were there for my 50th birthday, my wife's birthday, and our wedding anniversary. I then asked if they could upgrade our room. I was told( outright lied to) that they were booked and couldn't upgrade me.( not exactly getting off on the right foot). Their are two beaches. One is a seaweed infested beach, the other is beautiful, but with no chairs. The main restaurant, Bartolommeo, is not up to par with the quality of the resort. Portions are microscopic, prices are stratospheric.( not a good combination). The staff is friendly, housekeeping is top notch, and the packages they offer are much better than other resorts on the Island. The location is not as central to shopping, restaurants, or Gustavia as Eden Rock or Carl Gustav. That said, there are some advantages to being away from the noise, traffic, and hustle and bustle of these other resorts. Over all, we will be returning, but I hope they learn that an upgrade sets a positive tone for a hotel guest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hotel just gets it ALL right. Lovely property. Rooms are beautiful and clean .It is the Caribbean so there are the usual ants at times. The grounds are well kept and facilities are in proper scale to resort. The Staff could not be more helpful.

Their packages are terrific.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had an amazing 4 night stay at Hotel Guanahani & spa and only wish itcould have been longer. The resort is well appointed,has charming staff and an amazing restaurant - Bart's. I would love to return there- for a week at least next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our sixth trip to St. Barts, and the first time at Guanahani. We were a large group - nine people from three generations, including a one year old. We had an unfforgetable week, and everyone had a lot of fun. Guanahani is St. Barts at its best, a slice of the French Riviera at the tropics. If you are planning a golden trip with your family, there are few options as exciting as St Barts and the Guanahani. We had two big bungallows, one facing the sea (St.Jean), try to get this one. Great spa, beach, sports, food, kids room with caretakers - everything in a cozy environment with excellent service, and the beautifull St. Barts surrounding us. Of course, prices are not cheap, but you can't have everything in life.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We chose to stay at the Guanahani in St Barths for 7 nights for our honeymoon. One of the first things we noticed on the puddle jumper from St. Martin was all of the "St. Barths French West Indies" t-shirts a lot of people were wearing. Apparently, your first trip to St. Barths usually won't be your last. Now, I can absolutely see why. I will now be one of those "t-shirt" people myself (tank top actually...but you get my drift).

The hotel grounds are like a lush tropical rainforest. So beautiful. One reviewer mentioned a plethora of cats. There are a few cats, but I spotted 3 at most. They were no trouble and stayed out of our way. Our room was cleaned daily, nice and cool, and very comfortable. This hotel is also very quiet, and while they do allow children, they are always well behaved and barely noticeable.

The staff was full of recommendations and very helpful. They even charged my camera for me one day while I stayed on the beach. I would come back to this hotel. It is beauitful, but renting a car is a MUST to see all of the other beauitful beaches and delicious restaurants on the island. Also a great idea to stock up on waters at the big supermarket in Gustavia as you only get 2 complimentary bottles each day.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Guanahani & Spa? Share your experiences!