“Great Boutique Hotel on St. Barths” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tom Beach Hotel

You added Tom Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Tom Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baie de St Jean | BP 1058, St. Jean 97133, St. Barthelemy   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in St. Jean
Binghamton, New York
“Great Boutique Hotel on St. Barths”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We visited Tom Beach for one week over the 4th of July holiday 2014. The staff was great; very friendly and accomodating. The food at the restaurant was very good, and you cannot beat the view! The location is perfect- right in the middle of everything! The room was very nice, but not as nice as we expected from the pictures. It was clean, but pretty basic. The pictures made the room and our terrace look much nicer, and when we arrived we were surprised at the very basic room and terrace for 570 euros a night. Clearly, you are paying for the location and view. Still a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Little Silver, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in May for our honeymoon. The entire staff was so very nice! From the bartenders, beach boys, waitress's, hotel desk staff and cleaning person! Their service made our stay so incredibly enjoyable. The location is great, the restaurant was terrific, the beach was amazing and our room was great with an outdoor balcony overlooking the beach. There wasn't anything that disappointed us. You can see the pride the staff has to make each guest feel great!

Room Tip: The deluxe room was worth it, the view was amazing.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First off, let me say that I am reluctant to write this review because I don't want this place to be so popular that I can't get a room the next time I try, but I love the hotel & staff so much that I must!

This was my 4th trip to St. Barths over the last two decades. A lot has changed as the island has gained even more popularity, but it is still heaven on earth, and if you are a beach person who enjoys luxury as well, St. Barths should be on the top of your list. I guarantee you won't want to leave and you will absolutely want to return.

Since I hadn't visited the island in about 12 years, I asked a local I had met on a previous trip where I should stay. He gave me only one suggestion - Tom Beach (period). He didn't give me a few options to check out, he said GO TO TOM BEACH... and he was right!

So this was my first stay with them, but you'd never know it by the way I was treated. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left (waving goodbye from my car to Rueben & Mathilde who not only helped me to the car, but then stood and waved goodbye as I drove off - as if I were family), I felt very welcome and like I was among good friends.

When reviewing a hotel, I normally might single out a few key staff members who made a special impact on me but, honestly, they ALL did. What an amazing group of beautiful people inside and out! I left Tom Beach feeling like I had made new friends who I will definitely seek out when I return to the island, people I would welcome in my home should they take me up on my offer to visit L.A. I've been home less than a week and I miss them already!

Do yourself a HUGE favor and don't even think about it anymore, just book your room, stay as long as you can... and go be FREE IN ST. BARTHS!

Room Tip: Room 7 or 5 are both great rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Tom Beach was the perfect place to call "home" during my St. Barth vacation. The staff, specifically Ruben (front desk), Julie & Jeremy (wait staff) TeTe & David(beach bar) and the chef Jeremy, were so amazing. They truly made it a memorable trip, enhanced my experience and gave me memories for a lifetime. Amazing service and hospitality. The hotel location could not be better, as it is steps away from the swimmable & pristine St Jean beach. Dreamy setting and extremely great vibe with energy and great music playing. I checked out several other high end hotels, but nothing compared to this location and vibe. Comfortable beach chairs, amazing beach side wait staff and delicious cocktails and lunches. The dinners were out of this world, especially bbq night on Tuesday. Loved this I would highly recommend it as it is close to everything and truly located on the best beach. I stayed for 10 days and could have stayed 10 more! I left feeling like I met friends and discovered the most magical island of all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We spent four days at this wonderful hotel last month. The location on St. Jean Beach is excellent with a beautiful bay and great beach. Some great spots are within walking distance but best to have a car to explore some of the island. The hotel accommodations are excellent. The greatest asset o f the place though is the wonderful and friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Their recommendations for visiting places and dining were spot on. We would definitely stay there again!

dunedin, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our first trip to St Barth's but certainly not our last. The location was perfect ,right on the beach, close to the airport and walking to distance to other great properties. We even could walk to a market in town for wine and cheese etc. Our room was small but perfect in detail from the white romantic draping of the bed and beautiful artwork on the walls. The restaurant fun with lots of different themes such a Friday Night Party and Beach BBQ to keep it fresh and interesting. But honestly, the highlight was the amazing service from the beautiful and friendly staff. I wish I could remember them all but at least a big thanks to Caroline, Ruben, David, Jesse, and Alex for making our stay special. All the lovely ladies who worked at the restaurant also were so great, sweet and accommodating. We will definitely recommend Tom Beach to everyone who is lucky enough to travel to such a great island.

Room Tip: We had room 2 and it was perfect with a little area to sit outside if you wished.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The staff at Tom Beach
were the nicest and most hardworking team I have ever seen at any hotel I have stayed at. Right on the beach, incredibly comfortable bed. The food was excellent and David made a great margarita. I will recommend the Tom Beach to anyone I know going to St. Barths. Only suggestion I would include would be to upgrade the wifi which was inconsistent. Otherwise a terrific hotel with a terrific staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Jean
Le Sereno Hotel
Le Sereno Hotel
#3 of 5 in Grand Cul-de-Sac
4.5 of 5 stars 120 reviews

Been to Tom Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!