“En Francais: je reve toujours du Paradis Terrestre a Tom Beach Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tom Beach Hotel

You added Tom Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Tom Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baie de St Jean | BP 1058, St. Jean 97133, St Barthelemy   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in St. Jean
New York City, New York
“En Francais: je reve toujours du Paradis Terrestre a Tom Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Words cannot express, there is no way for me to do this in words.....bit by bit, molecule by molecule, Tom Beach Hotel regenerated my body and soul, second by second, minute by minute up until it was time to leave and the taxi was waiting outside and the Team had to come to coax me out of my room, like a cat who is happily up a tree and won't come down. I LOVE TOM BEACH. Did I make it clear enough? I LOVE TOM BEACH. I have been around the world so many times I lost count years ago. I have been blessed and privileged to see beautiful places ranging from untouched atolls in French Polynesia to prisitine pearl farms off far flung Palawan. I am also blessed to have experienced the joys of cosmopolitan living. But I have never, ever found a more perfect place, a more ideal haven, than Tom Beach Hotel in St. Barth's.

Room Tip: A little bit of heaven with white linen, romantic mosquito netting, giant mahogany bed, Casablanca p...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Montreal, Qc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I'm always a bit paranoid before I go visit a place that i've never been to or don't know anyone that's been there so I'm always trying to find reviews and make sure I get all different points of view on the place...and always send ten million emails to the hotel to make sure everything is clear..enough to make anyone go crazy. I still wasn't 100% convinced before going but let me tell you, am I ever happy I did.
We got there pretty late at night and the manager waited for us anyway. He showed us to our room, suggested some restaurants where we could go eat, and gave us his number in case we needed anything. And from there it was the beginning of a great stay. We had breakfast the next morning at the restaurant which was very simple, but very very good. Had the necessities and were very fresh.
The beach is beautiful, the restaurant and bar are beautiful, so small, so cute, and really nice staff. Really great.
St-Jean Beach is a great beach too. Attached to the airport which is not a big deal. The planes are so small and barely make any noise that it isn't even annoying.
I was really worried about the hotel because I had read about the partying and loud music in so many reviews, but luckily, we were there in there quiet period, thank god, so really we really enjoyed it. At lunch there was a dj playing chillout/lounge music which I live for, good looking people sipping wine, laughing, and enjoying life. I was told from people we met on other islands that they had bad experiences at that hotel during high season cause it was too loud so I would suggest to find out when it's high season.
It's funny, the Tom Beach is a place where all the staff from other hotels and restaurants come to to relax! We saw so many people we recognized. It's just happening.
So basically, the hotel was clean, breakfast was great, staff super friendly, amazing ambience, good restaurant, close to Gustavia which is the island's downtown, and super cozy. If I really really really had to find something negative to say, and that would be searching, would be that such a trendy hotel, and the rooms don't have ipod docks or stereos which I found a little strange, so we never had music in the room...but no biggie!!
I will absolutely go back to St Barts and when I do, and it will defeniltey be at the Tom Beach....but only in January! I can't imagine going at any other time when there's too many people and too much chaos. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Just returned from the best vacation ever! We stayed at Tom Beach hotel from Nov 5-9, 2009 with another couple. The hotel is just beautiful. The rooms are so nice. I can't think of one negative thing that I would say about this place. The staff is so friendly and greet you by name right when you checkin. The restaurant La Plage and beach bar Pink Parrot are just terrific. Breakfast each morning is wonderful... croissants, pancakes, bread, fresh fruit and juice/coffee. The hotel is on the most beautiful beach in St. Barths - St. Jean beach. The airport is at the end of the beach and it makes for great entertainment throughout the day to watch the planes take-off & land right over the beautiful blue waters of the caribbean sea. The hotel is just a short 5 minute drive to Gustavia, where there are many great restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. I have visited 18 different caribbean islands, this was my 2nd trip to St. Barths and it is definitely my favorite :) In general, the island is beautiful. It's clean, the people are friendly and there are so many beautiful beaches that you could stay for a month and not see them all. If you are thinking of visiting St. Barths - you will not regret it. And, if you stay at Tom Beach Hotel you will surely be happy that you did!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Stuart, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We returned 3 weeks ago from a fantastic getaway at Tom Beach & its restaurant La Plage. We almost had to arrive by ferry, since our flight from Miami was late. When I called the hotel in a panic, I was told, "Don't worry! If you are not at the airport on the last flight, we will gladly pick you up at the ferry dock around 8:00 PM!" I immediately knew that this was going to be a stress free vacation!! The staff, as usual, was as helpful & friendly as can be. The location of this gem of a hotel is unbeatable, and our beachfront suite was terrific. The views were amazing from the large oceanfront deck of the St Jean Bay and its white powdery beach. The room had been renovated, the refrigerator was great for snacks, the king mattress was very comfortable, the black out curtains were great, and the bathroom was roomy with a wonderful rain forest showerhead. The breakfast that was included every morning was delicious with fresh squeezed juices, breads & croissants, fresh plates of fruit, and my beloved morning iced tea. What a way to start the morning with our feet dangling in the sand & overlooking blue azure colors of the sea. Lunches & dinners were all beautifully prepared, and the drinks at the beach bar were great. Everyone treated us as if we were their only priority (obviously not) from the reception desk to the restaurant - Nicolas, Marie Charlotte, Jonnie Boy, Christoffe, Bryce, Damien, Anna, etc. I know we have not named everyone, but the entire staff needs to be applauded. When we arrived, the Summer Music Session was going on, and we enjoyed the various live groups & D.J.'s every night. Our special thanks goes to the owner, Thierry, for making our vacation fantastic & making us feel so welcome. We really appreciate the special talent that he has for music & ambience.

Tim & Marilyn Griffin from Stuart, FL and YTB Travel & Cruises

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stayed with 2 other couples for a 4 nighter in St Barts. Underground parking was like the back alley of a stinky old restaurant. Check in was pathetic amidst the construction tools lying around. Terribly embarassed as I had booked the hotel with out proper research. My wife had to leave the lobby as she was laughing so much at me. The dinner reservations I requested via email were not made and there were unsure as to which were or weren't. Easy answer, none were! Pulling up to a closed Francios Plantation Restaurant was a trip highlight! Very nice security guard helped me close the gate on my way out. Rooms were fair at best with nice beds but dated furniture in general. The bathroom was a darp dank cave. Not dirty but just dark, dated and humid. The hotel is clean and staffed by nice people but is just run down and in need of a massive renovation. The highlights were beach side breakfasts at the well run, very efficiently and politely staffed restaurant. Lingered over long breakfasts there daily..Those moments made the trip.. Beach scene midday active but we drove to quieter beaches each day and swung down to the hotel beach in the late afternoon. We love St Barts and having been going for 12 years an have stayed in top spots as well as some funkier, hipper spots. This was the low point in our accomodations to date. Stay next door at the Emeraude Plage and walk over for the restaurant.. Great Island, Poor choice of hotel to come to..

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

We went to st-Barths on vacation and ate at La Plage in St-Jean in Tom Beach hôtel.

What a great place! right on the beach, very classy and trendy. Cool music, beautiful people and great food!

Try the mahi-mahi and the veal! Yummy! The chocolate fondant was to die for!

Don't miss this restaurant!

pittsburgh, pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

Just returned from a great 3 night stay at Tom Beach. Found the location to be ideal. We didn't rent a car for our first day so we walked to the local St. Jean shops, restaurants, grocery store and airport.
Our room was perfect. Modern, clean and comfortable. Not luxurious - but luxury wasn't expected. I was concerned about noise due to the location and the attached bar/restaurant. But, noise wasn't a problem - with the exception of an occasional airplane. A small but adequate pool. The hotel staff, especially Mary and Nicholas were terrific.
Breakfast was provided every morning in the outdoor restaurant. Feet in the sand, looking over the gorgeous beach. Lovely pastries, breads, jam, fresh squeezed juice and coffee. What more could you ask???
Beach chairs/towels are available to guests. Some extended stay "regulars", as well as day visitors to chic St. Jean beach rent the chairs as well. Makes for an enjoyable beachside scene.
St. Jean is a great beach for people (and airplane) watching, running, and walking. It's one of the only St. Barth beaches with bars/restaurants and close to shopping. Tom Beach's restaurant La Plage is fabulous for breakfast, lunch and dinner. La Plage had live entertainment each night. (Not too loud.) Nice during and after dinner.
Eden Rock is at the end of the beach and has a fabulous restaurant with a view you don't want to miss. At least try it for a sunset cocktail.
You'll want to have a rental car in St. Barth in order to explore the island, beaches, restaurants, etc. Parking is available either in the (tiny) Tom Beach garage or on the street. Driving is a thrilling experience in SBH.
Hotel choices in SBH are somewhat limited especially if you are looking to spend less than $500 per night. Tom Beach provided the perfect respite for our stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tom Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!