“Lives up to HIGH expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in St. Jean
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Lives up to HIGH expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I just got back from our 10 day honeymoon on this amazing island and wonderful hotel. Let's begin with some of the basic's, I'm 34 and my wife is 31. I find this important to note, because we felt as though we were the youngest ones at the hotel, though not by a large margin. Also, we're not in the top 1%, so we booked and stayed in a contemporary beach room in the plantation house.

I understand this is low season, so my experience might have been different if another time of year. But all 38 rooms were booked our entire trip, and the hotel staff sits at 150 individual's to cover these rooms. And yes, the staff here like most of the island, are young, french, and attractive. Even with every room booked, at all times I was treated with respect, and made to feel as though my wife and I were the only one's staying with them. They remember you, your likes and dislikes, room number, etc. To the point where the bartender at On The Rocks realized I would always toss the straw out of my drinks and began not to serve me with any. From the driver who picked me up, to the girl checking us out and everyone in between, the level of service we received was top notch.

Our room fit the two of us and our luggage fine. And we made sure to request one on the second floor so we may have a better view of the water, and more privacy when out on the balcony. But do understand, the rooms below us were by no means in a basement! You should know that, like most luxury hotels they offer a turn down service nightly, but ONLY if you do not have the privacy sign on your door. And with this service they will give you another two bottles of water, which is very useful. The room was clean, comfortable, and contemporary. All which they are billed as. I've seen people complain about the TV, which for our room was in a bad location, and service was sketchy at times. But who goes on vacation to watch TV?!?

The beach is beautiful and those working on it are extremely helpful, and friendly. They have a bunch of toys to play with, be it kayaks, floats, paddle boards etc. The moment you sit down, the staff bring you two(free of charge)ice waters, and will serve fruit throughout the day. After your first day and you settle on a set of beach chairs, you will be happy to know that every morning during your stay, those same chairs will be "reserved" for you. So no rush to get to your favorite spot on the beach each morning. The only time you will ever be interrupted is on day 1 when the beach masseuse comes over and details her services.

Food wise, I found the breakfast buffet complimentary to guest to be perfectly fine. True, after 10 days I would have liked more variety, but I understand they want you to order from the menu. I'm not going to complain about bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit and chocolate croissants every day for breakfast, and that was just what I ate. They had eggs, sausage, cereal, assorted breads, etc. And at no point did I feel as though the wait staff acted as though there were expecting a tip. Probably my biggest disappointment with the hotel was lunch at the Sand Bar. And not that it was bad, I just didn't enjoy it. And yes, it was VERY expensive. We ate dinner THREE times at On the rocks, each time was tastier then the last. Everything from appetizers, to desert was absolutely delicious. Finally, the hotel does not keep guest posted about this, but on Thursday nights Sand bar has dinner and does live music. Made for an excellent night. Its more towards the tapas menu, but it was one of my wife's favorite meals on the island. She LOVED the shrimp taco's.

Top to bottom, in every way that this hotel conducts itself is absolutely phenomenal. The Matthew's family and their staff at Eden Rock made my honeymoon the best vacation I've ever taken, and that is exactly what a honeymoon should be. Without a doubt we will be returning to Eden Rock, hopefully sooner rather than later.

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Germantown, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Pretty property if you enjoy $40 cheeseburgers and $30 cab rides to town which take about 7 minutes. Just a lot better places out there in the islands. This place charged this much because apparently it can, not because its worth it. Great island. Pretty beaches...but they all are.

• Stayed June 2013
St Barthelemy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Probably the best option in St. Barths, and we’ve also had lunch/dinner/visited the other top names (Isle de France, Le Toiny, Le Sereno, etc.).
A great location.
High standards.
Kind, responsive staff.
Great food.
Expensive but you get your value for your money.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel exceptional. The grounds are well kept, the decor is innovative and striking and good taste abounds throughout the property. And there was a lot of attention to detail as well, which is happy for me. The beach is great, although I do wish they didn't keep so many boats anchored in front of the hotel.

I was also impressed by the level of service and the courtesy the staff displayed. Everyone we spoke to was helpful and genuinely worked to help me right then and there. They were also very efficient (ex. when I would leave my room for the beach, the housekeeping went in there and it was like a formula 1 pit stop - they moved fast and it was like the room was done in under 10 seconds). The energy of the staff makes this place come alive and I could totally relax and know that I was well cared for. My wife and I were here for a babymoon, and it was a great place to nurture the new one.

I would certainly like to return.

Room Tip: Each room has its own flavor, I would ask the reservations staff for help picking the right one for...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The place is nice in a very convenient location to the airport. The room categories and price points seem to be very random and the rooms at the same price point are not of equal value, some have ocean views others are the ground floor in a basement. Most additional services are outsourced to third parties and they simply take a cut and add to your tab for picking up the phone and making a reservations. Specifically, the massages are outsourced to "professionals" who in fact have little massage experience. You are better off making your own arrangements through off-site services. The food at the restaurant is good not great and very overpriced, we suggest Santa Rosa at the top of the hill/mountain. For

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is very nice. 5 star rooms with 5 star service. great location. The beach is nice but there are many other you will be going to. Very polite staff and helpful. went to Anguilla from there and they helped with the reservations. probably going back in august. Not great for kids but the island in general isn't great for young family vacations.

Room Tip: get a beach front room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at Eden Rock for my 40th birthday. No other place could have offered a more magical way to spend it. We stayed in the Greta Garbo suite which is luxury to the nines. Every meal we had, especially breakfast, was fantastic. The staff was exceptional. On my birthday, I even had the pleasure of having a drink with David Matthews, owner of the resort. It is still hard to believe we were really there, the trip was so fabulous. We are not so patiently waiting to go back next year! A big thank you to all the staff that made our trip perfect!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Eden Rock - St Barths? Share your experiences!