We have recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Christopher Hotel as part of a four island- hopping vacation. Without question St. Barths is the best island we have visited and we have been to most of the islands in the Caribbean. It is an expensive island but there are a wide range of restaurants in Gustavia and the other towns to suit all pockets.
From the first contact with the hotel making the booking, we found that all the staff were extremely helpful and efficient. The hotel is really well run and the staff go out of their way to be friendly. The pool area is beautiful, probably the largest hotel pool on the island. There were always plenty of pool chairs available and they were luxuriously padded making it very easy to relax all day at the pool if you so desired.
Lunch is served in the Mango restaurant built on sand. The menu is delicious and the atmosphere so relaxing.
We did not eat dinner at the hotel as we wanted to experience other restaurants on the island. On our way to dinner one evening we stopped for drinks at the famous Eden Rock hotel. There was a lovely view of the water from the hotel bar but from what we saw of the hotel, we preferred the Christopher.
For some people a negative would be that this hotel does not have a beach. However there are many lovely beaches around the island including the St. Jean beach near the airport where you can sit at the end of the airport runway and watch the planes arriving a few feet above you- worth doing at least once. There is also a bar and beach café there. Other beaches definitely worth visiting are Anse de Gouverneur and Anse de Grande Saline. Both of these can be easily accessed by car. The hotel will loan you chairs and beach umbrellas to take out at no cost. It is essential to rent a car to get around and see the whole island. We rented through the hotel. Parking at the hotel is very limited but the valet looks after that each time you come and go from the resort.
Be sure to visit the Villa Creole shopping area in St. Jean to browse for souvenirs.
On arrival at the airport we were met by a very friendly driver who offered us cool towels and water on the short journey to the hotel. There are several well stocked mini-marts along the road from the hotel to St. Jean, the nearest being at L’Orient. There are also bakeries where you can pick up picnic food if you want to take a picnic to the beach.
In summary this is a fabulous, well run hotel on a lovely sophisticated island and is well worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Christopher St Barth Hotel
- Hotel Le Christopher
- Le Christopher St Barthélemy
- Christopher St Barth St. Barthelemy, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel christopher, a true lifestyle hotel nestled at the secluded pointe milou on st. Barths, has now been fully renovated with the addition of an exclusive Spa Sisley. A favorite resort destination for travelers in the northeast, hotel christopher combines designer decor, high-quality amenities, stellar service and superior attention to detail. The mix of quality and elegant yet casual services, position the hotel as one of the best values on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Christopher St Barth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.