“A must see shop when visiting Saba” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Where the magic happens .... Glass Art, Jewelry & Beads. Hot glass art, Saba made from Murano Glass. Demonstrations given. Schedule a class and bring home a memory.
Danbury, Connecticut
“A must see shop when visiting Saba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

A trip to Saba is never complete without visiting Jo Bean's glass shop. Jo Bean is a lot of fun to talk with and we can never leave without buying gifts for everyone back home. We can't wait to viait again in a few months!!

New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Put Jo Bean Glass Studio on your to do list when in Saba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have been going to Jo Bean's glass studio for over 5 years now. I first went into her store to purchase a gift for my future wife when I was in Saba and purchase some replica Statia slave beads since I had been in Statia earlier in the week. She makes one of a kind glass ornaments, beads, jewelry, etc. I was amazed at the level of detail and variety of stuff that she makes. The beauty and uniqueness of these glass pieces is astonishing. Many of the pieces are aquatic themed as Jo Bean is an avid scuba diver. She also carries a variety of jewelry made from custom glass beads.

On a subsequent trip, my wife and I both took a glass bead making class with the Amazing Jo Bean. This was the first time we had the opportunity to meet her, and we quickly became friends. When we decided to get married on Saba, we had Jo Bean make us glass ceremony rings as well as the glass cake toppers for our wedding cake. Our cake topper was a one of kind piece.

Many people say there is nothing to do on Saba but dive and drink, but I beg to differ. Jo Bean glass should be on your plans whether you are a day tripper or a diver visiting Saba. If you have the time, I highly recommend taking a class.

Visited December 2011