My husband and I are dedicated scuba divers, always on the search for new adventures in the less discovered places on the planet. How fortunate we were to spend a week on the Dutch island of Saba as guests of Claire and Hidde at their intimate luxurious hotel. It was a perfect place to use as our base for daily forays around Saba, down to the harbor for our dives or out and about to explore the hiking trails and small villages on this tiny tropical dormant volcanic pinnacle poking up from the crystal blue sea.
Everyone working at the Queens Gardens Resort goes out of their way to make each guest feel pampered and welcome. Meals were outstanding, beautifully presented by Chef Kevin and Sous Chef Katie. Whether treating ourselves to fresh local lobster, fresh salads, or a perfectly prepared omelette at breakfast, each dining experience was superb. With ever-present smiles, bartender/waiter Duco brought us poolside drinks and climbed the ramp to serve us dinner in the "tree house." Energetic staff members Linda, Leonie, Marleus and Bas provided fresh-roasted coffee at breakfast and complimentary bowls of just-prepared gelato in the afternoon.
The owners work with Saba Deep to seamlessly coordinate scuba diving reservations, equipment needs and transportation, including owner Claire personally seeing us off each day with clean beach towels as we boarded the van to the harbor. If diving is your thing, do check out our review of Saba Deep.
Our spacious 2-room suite featured quality linens, lovely furnishings and a comfortable bed. The hotel is perched on the steep mountainside, with each room occupying a separate floor, all connected with winding concrete paths and stairs surrounded by lush tropical gardens. We especially enjoyed quiet afternoons by the pool, looking up from our books to take in the gorgeous downhill views to the ocean, smiling as the local roosters, goats and birds provided musical entertainment.
We are grateful to everyone at Queens Gardens for a memorable holiday and wish them continued success.
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Gardens Resort - Hampshire Classic Hotel
- Queen`s Gardens Resort - Hampshire Classic Hotel Saba
- Queens Gardens Hotel
- Queens Garden Resort
- Queen's Gardens Resort - Hampshire Classic Saba/The Bottom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen's Gardens Resort is a luxurious Hampshire Classics Hotel located on the island Saba, which is part of the Netherlands Antilles. The resort is built on one of mount scenery's hills, Troy Hill, and is nestled among tropical forests and its lush gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea. This panoramic view on the Caribbean Sea makes the resort such a special intimate place to spend a relaxing holiday. The altitude of 1200 feet and the fresh trade winds guarantee an extremely pleasant climate year around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Queen's Gardens Resort - Hampshire Classic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.