“A true gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Illinois
“A true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015

Friends and I had the pleasure of having lunch at this establishment just a couple of weeks ago. The place is not very large but did not seem busy at all. It was elegant without being stuffy. I emailed the restaurant to make a reservation before we arrived on the cruise ship and they responded in less than 30 minutes with a reservation confirmation. When you arrive the door says open but it is locked... simply ring the doorbell and the hostess will let you in and confirm your reservation.

While the menu is in French only the hostess had no problem translating it for us, she spoke very good english. We were seated in the garden area which is beautiful and has a skylight which allows in plenty of natural light. Service was professional and unobtrusive.

I had the veal chop which was excellent along with the warm goat cheese salad and creme brulee for dessert. This is a true gem and something everyone should experience when coming to Martinique!

• Visited April 2015

• Polish first
Morristown, New Jersey
“Best Dinner in Fort-de-France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

My husband and I just had a lovely dinner at La Cave a Vins, after a variety of meals in Fort-de-France that did not measure up to this. I had a salad with goat cheese melted on bread slices and the fish of the day which was a lovely tuna, cooked rare as appropriate. My husband had the Maigret of Duck "Rossini" and said it was delicious, too. The sorbets were light and tasty, and my husband had the strawberry dessert that came with a sorbet (strawberry), too. There is an extensive wine list, and the restaurant also sells bottles of wine in the front of the area where you enter the restaurant. Service was congenial and correct. After some disappointing experiences, or some that were just less good, this restaurant did not disappoint. We can heartily recommend this place.

Visited February 2015
Freehold, New Jersey
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

My husband and I had the extreme pleasure of dining at this charming restaurant in January 2105. The decor is utterly delightful. Upon entering the restaurant we were drawn to the wonderful assortment of wine bottles and pates available for sale. The second room is a cozy and elegant dining area. The third room is a beautiful indoor garden area with amazing painting on the walls that I wish I could duplicate in my home. Our meal was incredible. I tasted sea urchin for the first time and I loved it, as did my husband. I treated myself to foie gras and lamb chops that were perfectly prepared. The staff is charming and warm and the food is like eating nectar of the Gods! If you have the pleasure of visiting Martinique, stop in and treat yourself to a meal and experience you will never forget. Ring the bell at the front door and enter a little bit of heaven!

• Visited January 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belize City, Belize
“Great meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was very impressed with the decor.

Service was excellent, no complaints.

The restaurant has an excellent selection of wines and chocolates for sale.

The menu had excellent options. The food was great; appetizer and the main course. I was disappointed with the creme brûlée as it had curdled; despite the looks it was quite tasty.

I would have give this restaurant 5 stars if not for the creme brûlée.

The restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Antigua
“Great Dining Experience - an oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'd been to this restaurant last year for dinner and again last week for lunch,two days in row. It is like an oasis in the middle of the town. The entrance hall is filled with wine and lovely delights. There is a formal dining room and another with a full sky roof and four- walled mural. The hostess is very charming and sufficient in English.
Now for the food. The menu has both a cold and warm foie gras, very delicious. The first day I had the lobster and the second day the rack of lamb, both were delightful meals that were very well presented, portioned and tasteful. I had the chocolate gateau with mint ice cream for dessert also highly recommended. The wines accompanying the meals one at the suggestion of the hostess and the other chosen were both very complementary and added to the overall satisfaction of the occasion. At the end of each meal the hostess called for the taxis and continued to be very gracious as we awaited arrival of same.
I would look forward to eating there again on subsequent visits to Martinique. Incidentally the restaurant was first chosen for its ranking on Trip Advisor.

• Visited April 2014