“The perfect Honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Evamer

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Evamer
You added Evamer to your Saves list
H.C. 01 | Box 8308-9167, 00765, Puerto Rico   |
Connecticut
“The perfect Honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

We spent our Honeymoon at Evamer and it was Amazing. It surpassed anything that we've imagined. It was quiet and intimate -just as we wanted. Everything was within minutes from the Hotel. The grounds are beautiful, you feel as if you can touch the ocean waves from your Cottage, the hostess was friendly and gave us our space but he was also accessible. We made friends at the hotel. We just simply loved it so much, it left quiet an impression, so much that I am writing this review two years later. It truly feels good to be able to remember my Honeymoon with so much pleasure. We have great memories. Planning my next trip to Evamer for the summer of 2010.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Evamar is everything that everyone else has written about. It's beautiful, clean, and management is amazingly helpful. We went there last year for to get married "on the beach". After visiting the beautiful beaches and weighing our options, we decided instead to hold our ceremony at Evamar, and it went beautifully. There is a gorgeous stone patio with a BBQ area and pool that held our small group for the ceremony and afterparty. My parents grilled steaks and other family members used the kitchen in our cottage to prepare sides. The weather was perfect, scenery gorgeous, memories still light up my smile to this day.

My only negatives (and I hate to even mention them because I truly loved the place, but I feel people would want to know this): we stayed at El Cottage, the most expensive unit. It was wonderful, to be sure, but part of the allure of El Cottage was the hot tub which wound up not working that well. Management came and "fixed it' but it still didn't really work well and frankly looked a little run down.

Also, our last night there, after a week of sun and beaches, we were finally ready to turn on the A/C for the first time (and block out the noise of all the early morning roosters!). It NEVER got cold. We fiddled with it every way we knew finally gave up and spent our last night in paradise in a very stuffy, uncomfortable room. I mentioned it to management in the morning when we checked out and he said "yeah, we've been having some trouble with that". I think I was cranky from a fitful nights sleep, but that response didn't sit too well. (If you were having trouble with the a/c don't you think you'd fix it or replace it?)

Another oddity: woke up one night to loud snoring coming from outside. I assumed at first it was one of the "partiers" that we had seen checking in earlier in the evening, perhaps sleeping it off by the pool. No, it was a large, non-English speaking man sleeping on my front porch. I woke him up and shooed him off. Turns out it was a Security guy that had been hired and apparently didn't take his job too seriously. It was a little unsettling to wake up to, that's for sure.

All in all, though, I loved the place. We had wedding guests staying in Isabel Segunda that visited our property and kept mentioning how much they wish they were staying at Evamar instead! And it truly was beautiful and a magical memory for us both. If I can ever afford to stay at Evamar again, though, I will pick another room to stay in because I do not feel the extra money spent on El Cottage was worth it (the other rooms are cheaper and darn near as nice).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

Our first trip to Vieques and it couldn't have been better. Evamer was the perfect spot for us. We stayed in Mira Coco, second floor with a beautiful view of the Atlantic. We ate our breakfast and drank our coffee each morning on the deck, watching the waves crash below. The room was spacious and came with a king size bed, flat screen TV (and every channel you'd ever want to watch if you're into TV), stove top, micro-wave, refrigerator, great shower. The grounds are well kept and private. Marc is a tremendous host. We felt we had a friend on the island...if anything woul dhave come up, we knew we could depend on his help. And he really knows the island and the people...he gave us great suggestions on beaches, restaurants and places to see. And he saved us by securing a rental car for us when there were none.

We went to Vieques hoping for a week of relaxation and sun. We left completely in love with the island. Evamer was our home away from home. We give it our highest recommendation.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have to post a review to thank Marc for a wonderful stay at EvaMer. On our last day in Vieques, my wife was injured in a horseback riding accident (see my note on Seagate Hotel), and we had to be flown to the ER in Fajardo. Marc was incredible and really went above and beyond the call of duty- he packed up all of our luggage for us, drove our luggage to the airport to meet us for our air-ambulance flight to Fajardo, and was just incredibly helpful during a very trying experience. Beyond that, EvaMer is just a great place to stay- we had a great room, great service, in a beautiful setting. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Odenton, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

After doing tons of research on places to stay in Vieques, we decided upon Evamer mostly due to all the favorable reviews written here. We were not disappointed at all. We stayed at El Cottage for 7 nights and it was the most relaxing, laid back, stress-free vacation we've ever had. Not much else can be said here that hasn't already been said. Marc is "as advertised" - a really nice guy who did everything to make our stay as enjoyable as possible, from picking us up at the airport, to showing us around, and accommodating our late departure on the day we left. We will definitely be back in the future (maybe with the kids this time), and I will definitely recommend Evamer to anyone thinking of going to Vieques (though I almost don't want to let anyone else in on the secret).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed 4 nights in the Miracoco room in October. We had the place entirely to ourselves.

Pros:
- Marc took time to show us the best places to go on the map as soon as we arrived. We used the map all the time.
- The view from Miracoco was perfect. (We didn't go in the other rooms, but it didn't look like the others had views as good as ours.)
- The bed was comfortable, and the air conditioner worked well.
- All we could hear at night was the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

Cons:
- No glass windows. I suspect this is due to hurricanes. What it meant to us was that when we wanted to run the AC, we couldn't see out. That was most disappointing in the morning when we wanted the sun to wake us up but needed the AC to sleep well.
- Privacy might be an issue. The rooms are closer together than we expected. Rooms that are on a second floor, like Miracoco, probably have more privacy than rooms on the ground. To me, that means that my vacation is more easily affected by the behavior of others, which could be good or bad.
- Price. We took advantage of a special off-season rate and stayed in Miracoco for the price of a studio. It was worth that much, but probably not more, especially considering no maid service, no on-site food, etc. We wanted to spend every minute of daylight on the amazing beaches, so we were really only in our room at night anyway. If we go back, we'll try a cheaper studio.

Tips:
- A rental car is a must, but we didn't think 4WD was necessary. The government is improving the roads around the beaches, so it's not really an off-road experience anymore.
- The beach in front of EvaMer is ok but we didn't spend any time on it. There are much nicer beaches on the island.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from our fifth trip to Evamer. We can travel anywhere in the world - the fact that we continue to return to Evamer and Vieques (all the way from California!) should say it all. Marc and his wife Erin are the main reasons that make Evamer what it is - a quiet, relaxing beautiful location with wonderfully friendly hosts. What more can you ask for in a vacation?

Evamer's cottages are perfect - we prefer MiraCoco, but all of them are nice (and we have managed to stay in almost all of them at this point!) Evamer has a swimmable beach right out front, which is a rarity on Vieques. Great for finding sea glass too! Evamer is just a perfect place to relax and get away from the world, and Marc is the person who makes it this way - anything you need, simply ask, he is more than willing to help out with anything. This is what makes Evamer so fantastic. There are lots of places to stay on Vieques, but I would never consider any place but Evamer - our home in Vieques! Can't wait for our next trip back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Evamer? Share your experiences!