“Best hostel ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hammock House Hostel

Hammock House Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Hammock House Hostel
You added Hammock House Hostel to your Saves list
Car 993 K1 HC Int | Barrio Monte Santo, Isabel II, 00765, Puerto Rico   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best hostel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Hammock House for 2 nights in January and wished we had stayed longer! From the moment we made our reservation, Tofer was so helpful with planning our stay. He made knowledgeable recommendations for biobay tours and set us up with an affordable and convenient car rentals. When we arrived, both Tofer and Jake were incredible hosts and made us feel so welcome. Their love of the island is apparent and they don't hesitate when helping you to have the best experience possible. They spent time helping us decide what to do each day we were there and even let us use the showers after we had checked out and spent a day at the beach before we took off. The hostel itself has great accommodations for all types of travelers. It really felt like we were staying with good friends. If you go to Vieques you must stay here! Our only regret was only spending 2 nights! Thanks again Tofer and Jake!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

For two nights, seven backpackers from five different countries made Hammock House Hostel their home. We felt so welcome here, so relaxed and happy. Tofer and Jake are so generous and hospitable, it was wonderful to have them join us for dinner and to party in style on the roof with them. This was an incredible experience and I recommend this chance to everyone.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to the Hammock House Hostel. I was amazing. I have a large family and he made everything comfortable for us. Moving beds in to make sure we were all settled. Then he took us on the biobay tour. This is a once in a life time event you will never forget. So amazing Tofer is a one of a kind find. Did I mention that he got up one night and he cooked us the most amazing omelet ever to feed all six of us just because my son said he was hungry. Oh and don't forget the fresh mangos he gets from his tree and gives with his heart. You must make this you priority stop you will never forget it. Thanks Tofer from Tory and family what a memory I will see you again this summer!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I booked a room for one night so we could see the bio-bay and perhaps get some beach time. Tofer gave us great information and promised to take care of us once we got to Vieques. Due to some Ferry issues, we ended up getting in quite a bit later than we had anticipated. Thankfully we had the most wonderful hosts to take care of us! Jake & Tofer called us a cab, called and reserved a spot on the Biobay tours (with a local who charges much less than the fancy company), and loaned us some bug spray which I had neglected to pack. We were out to enjoy Esparanza for food and the sunset in a short time after we arrived, and we were able to relax and enjoy a beautiful sunset in a picturesque island town. The biobay was incredible! We got a private room with en-suite and this was clean and cool. Can't speak enough about what incredible hosts Jake & Tofer are! Thanks guys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of places in PR, and this was by far one of my best experiences. I had never been to Vieques before so I didn't know what to expect. I had stayed in Culebra for 3 days before heading to Vieques, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I decided to check out the Hostel. I am extremely happy that I did. I have to say I enjoyed every minute I spent in Vieques, and that was partly because of this beautiful little sanctuary. I stayed for 2 nights, and I slept like a baby both nights. The room that I stayed in was more than adequate. Very nice size, and very clean. I usually can't sleep without a television, but I didn't even miss it. Tilford, and Jake were so nice and helpful. I will recommend this place to all of my friends. Even the other guests were very nice, and social. They have some chairs, and hammocks out front, and on my first night, I sat outside with the other guests. We all talked, and enjoyed the beautiful night breeze. I can't say enough about this place. I felt very safe, and comfortable. Lastly, I can't forget about Izzy. She is such a sweet protector.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Tofer, Jake and Izzy (the friendliest dog on the island) are the best welcoming committee to Puerto Rico in my opinion. This by far, has been the best 'hostel' I've stayed at!!! In fact it didn't even feel like a hostel, more like staying at a friend's house/hotel. It was my bf's first hostel experience, and he loved it! Clean, welcoming and very friendly atmosphere!

Though our stay in Vieques was brief, a mere 2 nights, with the helpful suggestions from Tofer and Jake, we were able to see and do so much in a short time. From free, beautiful snorkel spots to Bio Bay tours (highly recommended!! Plan your trip around the new moon...best time to observe this phenom), to local eats...we are already planning our next trip. You can't beat the value at staying on the island's only hostel...use the extra $$ you would have spent on a more expensive hotel and rent a car to tour the island. We did and were able to visit Vieques National Wildlife Refuge which had some stunning, deserted beaches!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hostel was extremely clean and spacious! Tofer and Jake were fabulous! Not only were they caring, accommodating hosts, but they were also helpful activity planners. They showed us all the best beaches on the island and hooked us up with a great guide for Bioluminescent Bay. Favorite hostel in Puerto Rico, by far!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hammock House Hostel? Share your experiences!