“the perfect location on Vieques” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa La Lanchita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa La Lanchita
You added Casa La Lanchita to your Saves list
Bravos de Boston, 00765, Puerto Rico   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“the perfect location on Vieques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

We spent 4 nights at Casa La Lanchita in July/August with our kids ages 12, 12, 15. It was a wonderful place! We tend to travel to resorts with many amentities so, at first, were a little concerned about the size of the hotel (8 suites). But the location is wonderful; we snorkeled just to the right of the front of the property. The pool was very pretty and suite 7 (or 8) were the ones to pick due to the views from the chairs in front of the suite.

Doug and Marikay were wonderful hosts; they made sure we were very comfortable and knew which places to see and where to eat. You must rent a jeep and see the beaches! We traveled to Green, Blue and Red beaches and were the only ones there in the morning! Navio beach was the one to boogie board on! Bio Bay is a must! We have a fabulous meal at Media Luna; best meal of the week.

The hotel offers laundry machines for free which is a bonus for a family of 5, sand chairs and beach towels. We rented our jeep through the owners. The price is perfect; really Bravo de Boston is much nicer than Esparanza; much more to do! We could walk to town; about a half mile.

We loved our experience there and highly recommend it to any family, unless you need the amentities of a larger resort.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

Upon arrival from the 8:00pm ferry, arriving at Casa La Lanchita at 9:45pm I was taken aback by the beauty of the guest house.

My intention was to get to Vieques early by taking the 4:30 ferry which I missed by 3 minutes, so waiting at the port was not in the plan but it was not that bad I caught up on some reading and played board games and cards with my daughter. The cab ride is $70 one way from the airport to Fajardo and the ferry ride is not as bad as previous reviewers made it seem.

Casa La Lachinta lived up to its name, Lou and Doug were perfect host and I felt like I was at home. I awakened daily at 5:30 and took a nap by the pool. This place is really laid back serene, very quiet, just right for rest and relaxation but not to slow to keep the kids entertained.

We ate breakfast at Mamasonga's everyday except once and that was due to waking up late the food is awesome. We had a jeep which was a necessity, my daughter who is 8 stayed in the pool at La Lanchita and when not there we were exploring the island. All of the beaches were absolutely gorgeous and we happened to be there during a festival and enjoyed the entertainment and a plus was the moon bounces for my daughter.

We ate at Bannana's it was ok, tradewinds was excellent, the pizza/ice cream place, can't think of the name and I went to the grocery store and cooked dinner a couple of days. The grocery stores prices are the same as they are here so no need to worry about inflated prices.

All in all we had a wonderful time and I highly recommend anyone who visit's Vieques to stay at Casa La Lanchita.

PS: The only thing I missed in my room and it had everything including the kitchen sink was a telephone.

I also stayed in San Juan at Andalucia Guest House check out my review there.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2005

Casa La Lanchita is beautiful. The setting, the rooms and the pool are all amazing. And Lou is awesome. I highly recommend staying on this side of the island. Esperanza is cool but a little cheesy. Watch out for the waitress at the Taverna Espana.

Stayed June 2005
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

I was a little skeptical of La Lanchita, because of all these great reviews- I thought, it simply can't be that great! Well, it is. Great price, fantastic pool, quiet...also, I really loved the Bravos de Boston area as opposed to Esperanza. There's a big room full of books, towels, beach chairs, snorkel masks, etc. for everyone to share. You can fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. Oh, and the rooms have DirecTv- which to be sure, shouldn't be the focal point of your beach vacation, but might be a perk for some!

Stayed April 2005
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

PURE BLISS... Our stay at the Casa La Lanchita was relaxing, invigorating, adventurous, and so amazing. Doug and Mary Kay are gracious hosts- they knew when to give us privacy, and they seemed to know when we were craving some company - the invited us up for a beer one night! The Casa La Lanchita has a great Meditteranean feel - bright cobalt blues, ruddy earth-toned reds, and sparkling white - the guest house is just beautiful. The sound of the lapping waves was unbelievable, peaceful and soothing. We had a blast on the island, too. It was so small! Rent a jeep, buy good meat from Chef Michaels, have an unbelievable vacation! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

Just returned from Vieques and 11 nights at Casa La Lanchita. This is a wonderful, clean guesthouse and the owner, Doug, is the best. We were stranded on the other side of the island off the beaten track (because a car rental from Steve's Car Rental broke down...again) and Doug came and rescued us when Steve's Car Rental refused to bring us another car.

Doug is a wealth of information and makes sure his guests are well taken care of. This is a great place!!!! And the view is one of the best. Be sure and stay in room #7 or 8 though for the best view.

• Stayed April 2004

Been to Casa La Lanchita? Share your experiences!