“Fell in love with the place. Try it.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Tapas, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Orquideas offers tapas and small plates as well as a selection of daily specials. We support local farmers. We are open every night for dinner until midnight. Reservations are encouraged. We have a full bar, an extensive wine selection, a large cocktail menu and craft beers. Thank you to all our patrons and reviewers, we hope to see you return to see us next season!
“Fell in love with the place. Try it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely tropical ambiance with fine cuisine, relaxed yet flawless service, and the food to die for. We had a wonderful evening. The quality and, especially, the presentation of the food is worth noting.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Puerto Rican Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are looking for choices of Puerto Rican dishes, this is a place to go. It is my husband's choice on the island.

Visited February 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

While in Vieques, my boyfriend took me out for my birthday dinner at Orquideas. He got the ribeye ($34) and I got the ahi tuna ($29) with two glasses of wine (each $9); we shared our meals. Both were absolutely amazing in my opinion. The ahi tuna came with a little salad of greens and bean sprouts with an asian sort of dressing, which I loved. It also came with coconut rice. As for the steak, I really don't think I've had any better than that rib-eye. It came with mashed potatoes, bleu cheese, and fried onions. My boyfriend loved the ribeye, and liked the tuna; however, he thought the tuna wasn't quite as flavorful as he had hoped. I'm back home now, but I can't stop thinking about those meals haha. If you have the chance and the money, I would definitely recommend going to Orquideas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Great Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had friendly service and good food in a laid back atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyable. I loved the tuna and my husband enjoyed the NY strip. The Ribeye looked great, but they were all out that night. Still, a wonderful dinner.

Visited March 2013
Canton
“Quintessential quaintness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place has the best ambiance on the island! You want to live the laid back "lifestyle" while you are on vacation? Go to orquideas for dinner and drinks. It doesnt look like much when you pull up from the street. but as soon as you exit the cab (if you make it there alive. the road up is crazy windey and narrow and some drivers have a irritable disposition. make sure you hold on and wear a seatbelt) It screams island style. My girlfriend and I shared a table in the back. We could see the chef making our food. From the fresh oysters to the locally grown heirloom tomatoes and perfectly grilled sirloin, every part of this meal was incredible. The staff was incredibly friendly. Stop after dinner and grab a drink at the bar. The stools may be a little wobbly but the drinks are excellent. You know a place is good when you see the locals having dinner and staff from the hotels eating and socializing.

• Visited March 2013