“Fun location, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish, Armenian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Takeout
Saline, Michigan
“Fun location, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stopped here on a Friday for lunch. Not wanting to miss out, we tried several dishes between us including the vegetable empanada (stuffed with portabellas), the carnitas (flour tortilla filled with seasoned pork, lettuce, tomato, and a cilantro sauce), and The Bob Marley (jerk chicken and pineapple salsa served on simple crusty white bread). The empanada was hot, crispy, and flavorful. The carnitas, which were my favorite, were stuffed full of meat and flavor. The Bob Marley was a bit too spicy for me, but hubby liked it. We also enjoyed the pineapple soda! The couple running this told us they were from New York, but the food tastes authentic enough to me!

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best food truck I've eaten from”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

... and I'm from DC, where food trucks swarm the streets like tourists.

We ordered the most delicious carnitas tacos from Sol Food, while my nephew ordered a ham and cheese empanada. It was, hands down, one of the two most delicious meals I ate while in Puerto Rico and the most tasty meal we had on Vieques. I still daydream about that taco, especially the sauce they put on it. So darn delicious.

They're open from 11am to 4pm from Thurs - Sun.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fullerton, California
“Surprising Delicious....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

It's a light blue truck parked on a corner with some outdoor seating. Don't forget the bug wipes if you plan to eat there. It was a nice break from the hot sun sitting under a shady tree. The staff was very warm & friendly. The food was yummy the prices were fair for 3 adult dishes + a brownie = $25. There location is perfect down the street from all the beaches they are the only place to eat other than bring your own lunch. The brownies were fabulous and different daily..

• Visited August 2011
Birmingham, AL
“No pretense. Just good beach food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Be flexible. They weren't open as expected and we had to keep trying. Worth the effort. Portions are good, though the pinchons were smaller than I expected. LOVED the curried lentil salad.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. John, USVI
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was one of the best meals that I had on vacation at Vieques, and yes it was from a truck. My moth waters every time I say Sol Food and think about what I ate there. You have to stop for a meal here and it is located on your way to all the great beaches.
Pleases visit my blog for photos here:

• Visited June 2011