“Nice Try” 3 of 5 stars

+1 787-741-1028
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Next Course will be open for Christmas Eve, Christmas day and New Years
Usa, Japan
“Nice Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was disappointed. The rib eye was salty and the Morrocan meatballs tasted like they came from a bag of frozen Swedish meatballs. The portions were generous. We had a typical Viequeneese 60 second down pour and some Geist went scurrying for dry spaces. It does happen. I do not like salty stuff but my spouse might add salt. But, I asked her to try my steak and she thought it was salty too.
Since we have been to Morroco we were notfooled by there inspired meatballs with distinctly average meatball taste.
We had high hopes.
The atmosphere was grand but the hidden driveway with a single lane for entrance and exit hopefully will fixed before to many fender benders.
Staff was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Flower Mound, Texas
“Best Restaurant on the Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

My husband and I ate here on our Anniversary- Jan 1st and everything we had was excellent. We are from Texas and ordered the Ribs and they were delicious- the meat was tender and fell off the bone- just like at home! We loved their coconut-lime drink and we had some sort of banana dessert where the bananas were wrapped in a light pastry, fried and then drizzled with carmel sauce and topped with fresh pineapple and berries- it sounds odd but was very good. We loved the pineapple here- very fresh and sweet, probably the best pineapple we have ever had- my husband ordered another bowl of just pineapple! Atmosphere was great too- perfect for a Romantic night out. Staff was very friendly and when we asked for suggestions were happy to tell us their personal favorites!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas
“Great TIme in Vieques!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Killer ambiance - loved the low Japanese style seating overlooking the entire restaurant. From my seat I also had a view of the rain forest! (Regular table seating is available as well.)

2 of the 4 people dining in our group said it was the best meal they ever had! They were meat eaters so perhaps that made the difference. I really enjoyed my food.

Service was great.

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“Never been disappointed, nor left wanting... hands down our fav....some times three times a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Starting from the able, beautiful and totally fun staff..... to the kick back vibe and great drinks made with fresh yummy fruits (try the lime in the coconut) or the cadillac! Let's talk food..... Um, can you think of anything better than bacon wraped pork loin with sweet smashed potatoes and crip fresh french beans! Ceviche to die for.... fish fit for a king... stuffed salmon with lobster goodness! don't get me going on the sweets , one word: lava! ok three... ice cream sandwitch.....make sure to ask for two spoons! Buddy and the boys in the back of the house are not afraid to mix things up! That said, we LOVE the food ,the wine list and service....and go back time after time.
Moxi and Fitz

Chicago
“Don't miss Next Course in Vieques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We ended up at Next Course two nights in a row (we wanted to go to El Quepeno one night but it wasn't open yet). The food was excellent -my husband loved the shrimp appetizer with polenta. We also had the herb and goat cheese artichoke dip - delicious but filling. We also had the soup of the day - white ale with cheddar cheese. If they have this when you are there, don't miss it! I had the lobster two nights in a row because it was so good the first night though the second night it was not as good - it was just a little overcooked and dry. The risotto that comes with it is delicious though. Next Course also has an excellent wine list. The atmosphere is ok -it's not the most romantic setting we've been to but it wasn't bad either. We would definitely return here if we ever come back to Vieques.