“Best Hot Sauce Around!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Gordon, Texas
“Best Hot Sauce Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant just as we arrived. After 5 days of very bland, nondescript PR food, we were thrilled with the offerings at Bieke's. traditional rice and beans were elevated to a new level by a healthy dose of the amazing homemade hot sauce. They sell it by the bottle! Beautiful, fresh & interesting salad with a light but sweet side dressing. Again, after the food we have had so far, this restaurant was fantastic, with much thanks to the homemade sauce (which I even put on my salad). I will definitely be taking some of this goodness in a bottle
home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“best meal on vieques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

i had friends on the island and this is where they took me to eat. Definitely one of the best meals i had in Puerto Rico. And definitely the best on the entire island!

Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Highly reccommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner here. My daughter had the red snapper and I a salad. Both were really good. The staff and the cook were friendly and efficient. Highly reccommended.

Visited June 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Is there anything about your visit with us that might have made your experience a notch better? Would love to hear about it via email. Contact me at contact@biekesbistro.com.
New York City, New York
“Authentic PR Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bieke's Bistro is a small spot that is particularly beautiful, but boy do they have good food. If you want authentic Puerto Rican food at reasonable prices this is the place for you. I had a salad and split the mofongo with my husband. I've had mofongo in many different places, home-made/nice restaurants/hole in the wall restaurants, and Bieke's had some of the best I've had. We enjoyed every single bite. Service was good, prices decent (though a little high,) and I left a happy person. One of my best meals in Vieques...can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the mofongo! It's one of my personal favorites. Can't wait to have you back, feel free to ask for me, the owner, Sonia when you come by. I'd love to earn that 5th star, and hoping you have feedback to help me get there. Cheers!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“First meal on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Bieke's Bistro & The Patio - wonderful traditional Puerto Rican food. The staff were friendly and helpful, also bilingual. They were accommodating for families with children. We asked them to prepare a chicken dish different than it was advertised on the menu, and they were willing to do so. I would highly recommend this place!

Visited June 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
So pleased to hear about your most recent experience. We would love to have you back soon and maybe challenge you to some of our homemade hot sauce! We don't think you'll be disappointed.