“Does not like kids!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Pa
“Does not like kids!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We called twice to see if they would make a grilled cheese for our two boys (or any kid friendly food) so we could enjoy dinner at this establishment. They said we are not child friendly both times. Keep that in mind when trying to find a place to eat. Nice setting

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
So sorry to hear about your recent experience! We definitely love kids here. If you'll allow me the opportunity, I'd love to chat with you further about the details and try to make it up to you. Please feel free to reach out to me by email via contact@biekesbistro.com.

Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“went there when we came back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Always great! carlos is a great chef and we are always happy to visit and enjoy his pork chops.. always a delight

Visited February 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Awesome news, thank you for that feedback! What could we have done differently to have earned that 5th star?
“Best food on Vieques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband was skeptical about this place, but I dragged him along after reading the great reviews! Ever since he finished his mofongo, the only words I am hearing are 'this is one of the best meals I have ever had'. I had the shrimp curry which was absolutely delicious and we had calamari and chorizo for tapas. Even the cheesecake dessert didn't disappoint! You HAVE to come to El Patio while visiting Vieques!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tennessee
“Restricted menu - service pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went on the day we arrived because two different locals told us this would be a good lunch option. There were 6 of us and we arrived on a Friday of the Memorial Day weekend for lunch around 11:30 am or so. There was a large section of pannini's which all looked great. When it came time to order I chose one and was told they were not serving any of the 12 of them. I then chose a mixed green salad and add a chicken breast and was told they were out of chicken. I asked for shrimp and was told they only had frozen shrimp so I just ordered the mixed green side salad.
The waitress recommended fish nuggets made on site and two of our group got these and said they were good. Two others in our group ordered the special of the day a beef stew special that they both raved about it. My husband ordered the chicken cordon blu and the special rice - both of these things were great.
I freely admit I'm a choosey eater, but I felt like the menu was pretty small considering no sandwich options were available and no protein available for the salad.
It was okay but if we went back to the island I would not go back here....

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Mofong we had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

You have to order the steak or shrimp mofongo. It was the BEST we had on the island. And for $23 - each dish can feed two people. It was delicious!!! You have to come here for the mofongo if you are visiting Vieques.

Visited May 2013