“Liked it so much we added time to our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Vieques

Save Saved
You added W Retreat & Spa Vieques to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Vieques
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   State Road 200 Km 3.2 - HC1 | Box 9368, 0000765, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Isla de Vieques
Verona, New York
“Liked it so much we added time to our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Walking through the front doors you realize this is going to be a quality experience. We liked it so much we cancelled our reservations in San Juan and stayed an extra day. The location and facilities were awesome. The service excellent. Any criticism is just nitpicking (Amenities like a microwave were not provided though they had been requested when making reservations. No big deal- We were able to get into our room early and the food was great. Complements to the chef servers, and the desk. The internet access in the room by Whisper Beach is weak. Mobile phone reception was almost nonexistent- maybe it's time to look into a new phone.) Otherwise the place is just about perfect for a luxurious relaxing stay. When signing the bill it only took one second to smile to myself and think it was a bargain at the price.Thanks guys. All-in-all excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

960 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is one nice resort. Have been to many high end resorts in the islands and this one is the pinnacle top resort. Super awesome staff. Food was stunning loved the shrimp cocktail daily at the pool - succulent shrimp in a bed if greens topped with an avocado. I will also add this little island is a "foodie" heaven many great restaurants a $ 5. per person cab ride away. Cleanest island in the Caribbean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed in Vieques for one night and I didn't want to leave! This property is amazing!!! Our room was available for check in when we arrived after a short ten minute airplane ride from Ceiba around 10am. We were picked up by the W shuttle service which is a huge plus. Our driver was adorable and he along with all the front desk representatives were amazing, friendly and lovable. I loved them all! The hotel is very modern with touches of natural elements, all which make the property unique for the location. Our room was clean and so were the facilities available. They have Island Car Rental on property so you can rent a Jeep without having to leave the grounds, huge plus! We had reserved a Jeep prior to our trip so it was easy for us although there were cars available on first come basis as well. You'll need a car to get around the island and for the beaches on the natural preserves a Jeep is a must! Will be returning and highly recommend a stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us.
I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to explore the retreat and its fabulous surroundings.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager
Guaynabo, null, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Before my wife and I went to the W we read the reviews on TA and believe me wasn't good at all. We had our concerns but my wife ask me to go anyway and I accepted. I'm glad that I accepted because we had an amazing retreat at W. I don't know which hotel the reviewers where reviewing but certainly wasn't the W at Vieques.

The service was exceptional from the arrival at the airport, Carmen the receptionist at the Lounge, Bengie at the front desk, Joel y Jovanny at the restaurant and of course I can't forget the Goddess of Mojito's Arelys. This is just a few of the employes, that treat us like family and make us a spectacular and unforgettable 4 of July weekend, almost perfect. Like always they can improve in some areas like the main Pool. The bartenders where a litle bit confuse with some special drinks and I was a litle bit dessapointed when the bartender told me, If I order a Drink and food there (Wet area), they couldn't bring it to where I was watching the FIFA World Cup Game at the lobby. He told me, they are a different teams between the pool and the lobby. I had to wait almost 30 min. for my meal and drinks,to be ready.That's nothing compared to the excellent service in different areas of the hotel. You have to go to the other pool it's very private especially at night.

Overall we had a great experience at W and definitely we're going back soon..!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently spent 2 nights at the W Vieques (December '13); in fact I proposed to my now-fiance on the beach here! That aside - the property was wonderful and everything you would expect from a W retreat property. I particularly liked the pool and beach area, as well as the wild horses free to wander through the property! Unlike other comments on here, I found service to be excellent. I would highly recommend the property and plan to stay here again. One weak point - a long line at breakfast due to high occupancy. They should increase the serving area I think.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Welcome,

Thank you for your amazing comments!
We feel honored you chose the W Vieques as the romantic venue to propose to your now fiance.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If this was another spot on Vieques it may have gotten better ranking but when you stay/spend on the W you expect a higher level of service. When we got to our room the door had been left open so it was full of Mosquitos. Food was mediocre. Service was a bit slow. Staff was generally friendly, and venue beautiful but given some of those other issues I wouldn't say it was the best experience but not the worst either.

Stayed June 2014
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Welcome

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed the beautiful hotel grounds and that the talent had a valuable contribution in creating an elevated experience.

I am saddened to read about some of your expectations not being met. Rest assured we are constantly striving at providing the most personalized service to our guests.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Greg White - General Manager
Mastic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

From the moment we arrived it has been nothing but disappointments 1st we were suppose to receive a room upgrade to only be told maybe the day before we leave 1 would be available 2nd the hotel told us to wait until we arrived to book an excursion when we went to do so the tours had been completely booked and were unavailable for the duration of our stay 3rd we had to call after the 2nd day and ask to have the room cleaned because no services had been provided 4th went down to have dinner at 8 pm in the restaurant walked through the outside dining area where there was clearly not many ppl eating and was told by the hostess there was an hr and a half wait... Not friendly staff and completely disappointed

• Stayed July 2014
Welcome,

Let me start by thanking you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate you taking the time to bring the areas of opportunity to our attention.

I am truly saddened to read we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not representative of the W Vieques, as every member of our talent strives to provide the most personalized service for our guests. I am sorry this is not how it was experienced by you during your time at the retreat.

I will ensure your feedback is used as a tool to improve the experiences we create for our guests in the future.

We certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and make your stay one that truly conveys all the values the W Vieques family stands for.

Warmest Regards,
Greg White – GM W Vieques

Been to W Retreat & Spa Vieques? Share your experiences!