This was our second trip to Vieques and to the W (2010 and 2013). We returned to Vieques because it is so amazingly relaxing. Well worth the short flight from San Juan. When you arrive in Vieques, the W lounge is onsite offering a drink and cold towels - a great way to get the vacation started. The hotel is about 3 miles from the airport. Upon check-in, we were given a tour and told about the improvements that have been made since the last visit (including the restaurant). The views and property are gorgeous. We were upgraded to a villa on both trips and recommend the 2nd floor rooms in the villas as they have better views. We were initially shown to a first floor room in a villa that wasn't cleaned to the W standards. When we called to request that the room be cleaned, they moved us to another room - this time on the 2nd floor with a fun view of the secret pool. The villas are amazing with a small bar area, a living area, 1.5 baths and a bedroom. Lovely!
The resort is a fantastic place to relax. Wild horses wander the grounds and the resort is quiet. There are 3 pools - two in the main area and one up near the villas. The pool nestled into the villas is a black pool with twinkle lights, very private and romantic. The other pools have a pool bar and are more popular. There are 2 beach areas, including an adults only "european" beach. Both beaches are relatively small, but sandy and private. Most people are at the pool, so it is a quiet place to relax. Kayaks and snorkeling gear are available and can been done off the beach. Island car rental (onsite) rents jeeps - which is a fantastic way to see the island and get to all the great beaches. Blackbeard sports has free snorkel gear for W guests as well as chairs and umbrellas for rent. W cafe has picnic items or light breakfast items. Source (restaurant) has been upgraded to include more local ingredients. The food was fair to good, but a bit rich and almost like it was trying too hard. The menu was difficult to interpret and would benefit from clearer descriptions and translations - either printed on the menu or in the introduction by the server. The Living Room (bar/ small plates) has a free drink between 6-6:30 and has a number of small plates which can make a good dinner. We loved the fish tacos and the mezze plate. Skip the pizza - overcooked and sour tasting. The room is comfortable with typical W furnishings. The beds could be upgraded to be more comfortable - they are a bit lumpy and thin.
We loved our second visit as much as the first and will be back. It is our favorite place to relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques