This would be my second trip to Vieques the last time was 8 years ago and we stayed at the Bravo Beach Hotel. This time we wanted to try the W.
I have to confess the service was excellent, it all starts the minute you land at the airport in Vieques ( we prefer to get to Vieques via Cape Air as it only takes 20 mins albeit it cost as much to fly for 20 mins from PR to Vieques compared to our 4 hour flight from JFK to San Juan, yikes )
The W Retreat & Spa has a lounge at the airport so you can wait in a room of comfort and luxury served with a selection of light refreshments whilst you wait for the van to come pick you up.
As I was a SPG gold member i got upgraded to a pool room. YAY!
The resort is large enough for you to find quiet places to chill and enjoy ( fi you want to avoid kids ) the weather and hotel amenities, which includes a SPA, 3 different pools ( the plunge pool is highly recommended, very private, heated and lit in the evening ), 2 beach locations, etc. This resort will whatever is humanly possible to help you enjoy your stay ( even getting me some dental floss...lol ).
The W alos has a car rental service, but it will cost more as you are paying for the convenience. the other 2 car rental service I would recommend is AVIS ( especially if you have a deal with them ) or the local and largest car rental in Vieques is Maritza's. All car rentals will come pick you up and return you to your hotel or airport.
Over all Vieques is an island that boasts some amazingly beautiful beaches that needs to be accessed by Jeep or SUV. But if you're just too lazy, you could just wile your days at the W without even leaving this resort, they have a restaurant and a cafe in the resort so you don't evne need to look for a restaurant, I know some folks here did...lol
I would recommend exploring the island and it's many beaches and restaurants which i will review shortly.
The prices are not the cheapest, but the W has some seasonal deals which will prove to be a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques