My husband and I went to Vieques in April of 2012 as a get-away and to relax. We chose the W because we like the W atmosphere and we also are loyal SPG customers. We were a bit nervous after reading some poor reviews on the property and were happy to note that we had no problem and found none of the reviews to be true! We loved this property and really enjoyed being in Vieques- it's a beautiful island and a very unique place. We spent most days by the pool, ate lunch at the pool, and then went out to dinner at night in town. For breakfast we ate at the cafe at the hotel most everyday- we found them to have good coffee and good lighter options- it was quick and easy and next to the gym which made it convenient. We found all lunches to be very good, expensive, but thats what you get at a resort- it was expected. We spent a good amount of time in the evening sitting by the fire pit, having drinks and relaxing in the perfect temperature. We did eat dinner two nights in the hotel, the food was good. Pool is beautiful- nice that there were not many kids around- this really isn't the place for them. We walked the beach and it was very nice, we just aren't big beach people and didn't spend a lot of time there. The gym is great- they also offer yoga each morning and although I said I would do it one day- I never got to it. Our room was very cool and swanky, very W. We thought it was a good size and that it was nice - housekeeping was prompt and we never needed to ask for anything. The room was a bit dark- but nothing worth complaining about. We really enjoyed watching the wild horses on the island, particularly at night- they really come up to your windows in your room and its unlike any other experience to see them all over the place, quietly keeping to themselves. The W vibe is very prevalent here and makes for a cool atmosphere. We got drinks in the Living Room bar most nights before we went out, played some pool, and just relaxed. Concierge was great and helped us with our Biobay tour- which is a must- you have to do it! All in all, a great stay- we are planning on returning this April again and are looking forward to more W Vieques style!
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Venere, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.