“Perfect Island Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Claire Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa de Claire Guesthouse
You added Casa de Claire Guesthouse to your Saves list
Calle Angel Barbosa | Bravos de Boston, 00765, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #14 of 32 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Arlington, VA
“Perfect Island Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I spent a lot of time researching places to stay, eat and do etc.. in Puerto Rico and Casa De Claire is top notch. Gordy and Claire couldn't have been better hosts. Gordy Picked my fiance and I up from the ferry, took us to get food and our rental car. They had friends in from New England and invited us to go to the beach with them, which was great.( Red Beach, is paradise) Vieques is such a unique and funky island. Gordy and Claire gave us execellent suggestions and we had a great time. Their house is beautiful and the apartment we stayed in was wonderful. It was clean and had a whole kitchen. There are no "Hiltons" on the Island. There are a few boutique hotels, but staying at a bed and breakfast suited us much better. I suggest renting a car, you can go from the North part of the island to the south in 15 minutes. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We booked our Vieques trip fairly last minute during one of the busiest times of year, and got lucky that Claire could offer us the last room available on the property, and perhaps on the entire island. Ha! We stayed in the cabana studio, and it worked just perfectly for us. Full size fridge, all the essentials in the kitchen, great updated bathroom with nice big walk in shower. I was told before booking that to access the studio you walk through the pool pump room, this did not bother us in the least. It's a finished room, clean and actually gives you a little extra room to leave your sandy beach gear. And the pump is shut down before night time, so it isn't noisy. Hector and his wife Jean who manage the property were EXTREMELY accommodating and helpful! Jean picked us up from the ferry and even took us by the market b/c we weren't sure if we would be able to find a rental car to come back later. I called all of the advertised car rental places on the island and all were booked up, but Hector knew a local guy who doesn't advertise and he drove us to get a car from him, which worked out perfectly. Word to the wise, book bio bay tours and rental cars in advance. We lucked out and got to do both, but in a very round about sort of way. We had an excellent stay at Casa de Claire and would definitely recommend it to others. The location is very convenient and close to Isabel (a car is pretty much necessary regardless of where you stay though). And I can't say enough good things about the property managers. Claire was stateside during our stay, but she was very friendly and helpful throughout the booking process :-)
One negative was that the satellite dish wasn't working at the time of our stay, but who wants to sit inside and watch television when there is so much beautiful exploring to do!! Jean said they're trying to have it repaired, but all of the workers have been on Holiday, so I'm sure it won't be an issue for long.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Beautiful place to stay. Very accomodating host and hostess. Close to ferry, airport, restraunts and bars. Beautiful private pool and pool bar. Gorgeous views. Most beautiful beaches in the world!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
earlybird22
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I booked Casa de Claire for our trip to Vieques with our two young sons, ages 4 and 6. I could not have been happier with our choice! Email correspondence with the owners was fast and frequent and the owner, Gordon, greeted us when we arrived. We felt very welcome and comfortable. Our room had a kitchenette that was quite well stocked with plates, utensils, even a microwave. There are tables both inside and outside for dining.We were able to use a cooler and beach towels and chairs for our beach excursions. I would definitely recommend a rental vehicle in Vieques -- I think it would be very hard to get around without one. Casa de Claire is immaculate; our room was clean and comfortable and the pool area was equally well kept. Our kids had a blast in the pool and I was grateful for some of the extra pool toys available. Wi fi worked well w/ no hassles.Gordon was always available and had great recommendations for beaches and places to eat. We enjoyed BellyButtons for breakfast in Esperanza and had a great dinner at Coconuts in Isabel 2 (call for reservations). Great coffee can be found at El Viequense bakery in Isabel. Our favorite beach was recommended by Gordon: Red Beach. THis is an excellent beach for kids. We also liked Blue Beach and Sun Bay Beach.
Visiting Vieques was the highlight of our trip to Puerto Rico and we will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I went with a group of friends to Casa De Claire... I cannot say enough about the owners Gordie and Claire. They are the nicest people ever! We had our own little apartment that was absolutely adorable, actually all of the apartments are adorable and the main house is beautiful! They have put their heat and soul into this place and it shows. They know all the places to go and all the things to do. One of the best things we loved doing was just sitting at the pool and hanging out and relaxing with our friends. The beaches are breathetaking in Vieques. I never even heard of this island until my husband's friend told us about going on a trip with him and his wife. We had such a great time that we are going back again this April.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
boston ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Just back from a 2 week visit to casa de claire's. The first week was spent with family and the second with friends. A total of 20 first timers to the island. My husband and I were there last year and loved it. We all had a great time. Each morning was coffee and reading by the pool. Then we packed lunch and drinks and it was off to the beaches. Some would take their island maps and go off to explore the hidden spots on the island. The wildlife reserve, the bunkers, hidden beaches etc. You can even rent scooters to get around. Of course we also enjoyed the restaruants Coconuts, The Cantina, Bellybuttons, Lazy Jack's and more. Sunset at Al's. Fun shopping. The Bio Bay (a must see). Plenty of down time was also spent by the pool. Playing pool,darts or just reading. It's important to remember that you are responsible for your own meals. Made very easy by having the grill right there at the pool. Just put together a salad or two and put your meat on the grill and your all set.
Gordon and Claire are great hosts. Just ask the question and they will point you in the right direction. The house is beautiful and clean.
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Roswell Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

From the moment we arrived I knew it was going to be great. Gordy and is crew were wonderful, made us feel right at home. Anything we needed Gordy was there to help. He told us what beaches were the best to snorkel, the best restaurants ect. He was awesome
We came to the island to celebrate the renewing of wedding vows for my son and his beautiful wife and not to mention my grandson (2 1/2 yrs old). He had a ball playing in the pool with all the toys Gordy provided. Waking up to roosters crowing, wild horses in the yard as well as iguanas made me laugh everyday. It was perfect and I want to thank Gordy for making the trip amazing. We want to come back soon and perhaps have the pleasure of meeting Claire.

Thanks Again
Elizabeth Greenwood

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Casa de Claire Guesthouse? Share your experiences!