“Casual Food and Drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Tapas, Puerto Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Bananas is known as the "Island Meeting Place". We are on island time, which means no worry, no hassle. People from all over come here to drink, eat and people watch. So come on in and have a beer...how about a frozen pina colada? Whatever your poison, let our friendly servers be your host. Want a burger? We have the best burgers in the Caribbean. We also have great wings, huge salads, new vegetarian and vegan entrees and more. We are happy to announce that we have expanded the outside seating area for your enjoyment. New menu items, new drinks and new seating make Bananas your new “old favorite hangout”. Come join us for happy hour Thursday nights UPSTAIRS from 5-7pm: free snacks and a chance to win your bar tab…what could be better?
Des Moines, Iowa
“Casual Food and Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a great place that is completely in the spirit of Vieques. Definitely a great place to go for a Happy Hour. We ate and drank here multiple times during our visit and the everything was very consistent. The décor is very fitting and as another reviewer has mentioned, the Passion Fruit Pina Coladas are very good--it was tough to order a different drink.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Tasty food is found here! Don't miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wondered into Esperanza from Isabella today and while I was negotiating kayak prices (I found one for entire day for $30), my friend found this place to eat at.

5pm-7pm happy hour - $4 margaritas.

However overall prices are pretty low as well all under $15. I had a fish sampler sliders and my friend got a blackend sandwich. Both we liked a lot.

Easy to watch the sunset from their outdoor patio and good people work here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgia, United States
“Try the Passion Fruit Pina Colada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I went at an usual hour (3pm maybe) but the service was great nonetheless. I really enjoyed the mofongo spring rolls and my husband was happy with the hummus. The menu wasn't super extensive and a few items are a little pricey considering the atmosphere but I was all in all very happy. The Passion Fruit Pina Colada was my absolute favorite drink from the entire week. I'd say this is an EXCELLENT place for a few drinks and an appetizer.

Visited June 2014
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“Bear bar with plastic cups”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you're looking for a beach bar, this is your place. If you want good food and excellent service, walk to one of the other restaurants on the street

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great for friends!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My friends and I visited Bananas twice for drinks! I enjoyed the atmosphere & energy was right. didn't eat here but i noticed my friends tostones were delicious. Great service & drinks!

• Visited May 2014