“Absolutely Wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainforest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yunque National Forest
Rainforest Inn
Carr 186 El Verde, El Yunque National Forest 00745, Puerto Rico   |

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

I would definitely recommend The Rainforest Inn to anyone who wants to get away from the crowds and simply enjoy the sights and sounds of nature! Bill, Laurie, Shane and all the pets were fantastic hosts!

• Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

If peace and tranquility are what your looking for, this is the place!! The hiking is wonderful, the views spectacular.
This place is remote, so you need to pick up snacks and beverages(particulary bottled water)before you get there.
Bill and Laurie are very knowledgable of the the area and can direct you to anywhere you want to go. They are also great hosts. You come as a stranger and leave as a friend.
My only problem was I didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

A truly cool experience hiding out in the El Yunque rainforest. Bill and Laurie were very accomodating and have two great pooches! The little one...(sorry I can't remember her name), went on the water fall hike with us. I was impressed with her footing at the falls that are so incredibly slippery. Saw some great Bromiliads growing out of the trees at the falls also. Nice change of pace and affordably priced as well. Shane the guide and volunteer is a great young man as well, Bill and Laurie are lucky to have him there. I look forward to seeing the progress with the construction. The Rainforest Inn is a must if you are going to spend any time at all in Puerto Rico!

• Stayed November 2005
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

I made a deposit two months in advance, I spoke by phone with Bill and I received directions how to get there. Imagine my surprise when I arrived and they basically had no idea I was coming or who I was.
They had rented the room to another couple who arrived a short time later. They did find me another place but I had to get there myself and after 13 hours of travel, this was a terrible way to start a vacation. I had made arrangements and put money down but I couldn't convince them that I had made a reservation. I would be careful with this place.

Stayed February 2006
, owner at Rainforest Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2006
The above review is essentially correct but doesn’t mention everything we did to try to please this guest. We not only found him another place to stay but paid the difference in the cost. Our place is a secluded intimate bed and breakfast with room for only six guests at the maximum who sit at our table for breakfast, their first morning. – And rest assured that every guest who receives an email from us confirming their reservation can depend on that fact. And we will never send out directions to our inn again without making sure it is a confirmed reservation (we do learn by our mistakes – computer or otherwise).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2006

My visit to the Rain Forest Inn was the highlight of my Vacation. Visited with my sister and her husband (owners). Previous to the trip, I was able to listen to the Pod Casts and hear their voices and the sounds of the rain forest; sure was better in person.

My mate and I stayed in the Ocean View Villa (north wing). When we sat on the back porch there was jungle around us, and a lovely orange African tulip tree overhead. You can see Luquillo Beach on a clear day. Wonderful spot for lizard and bird watching.

We were treated to fantastic big breakfasts and spetacular dinners. I didn't realize what a wonderful cook I have for a sister. Ha! The other guests and live-in volunteers played instruments and sang, and some of Bill's family were in attendance as well. We all sang and joined in for the newest pod cast.

We visited the Rain Forest visitor's center and there were displays and even a theatre and mini movie.

We visited Luquillo Beach (only about 15 min drive)and tried the island specialty cookies and pina coladas too. We were in it for the relaxation benefits but it is only about 45 mins to San Juan for excitement of a different kind.

I can't wait for my next trip there, to see what buildings and gardens are finished next and taste my sister's creative cooking and desserts.

Stayed January 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

The Rainforest Inn is truly an oasis in the rainforest. The Inn is surrounded by lush rainforest, and the suites are incredibly comfortable! The walls are constructed of beautifully varnished wood, the kitchen has all the supplies one would need, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the living room was very cozy. And it was very reasonably priced! We were serenaded by the sounds of rainforest at night, all while in the complete comforts of civilization.

Bill and Laurie were wonderful hosts. They were very helpful and were able to give us advice on local attractions that fit within our time frame. The Inn is also close to San Juan and the beaches, so it is an ideal location. Bill led us on a private hike to a gorgeous waterfall, and let us stay at this very romantic and spiritual location for a few hours before he picked us up again. It was a dream to swim beneath a waterfall and have a picnic on the rocks, all with a beautiful view of the beaches in the distance. If you want to see sights in the rainforest that others do not know about, and enjoy being immersed in nature while having all the comforts of home, this is the place for you!

We can't wait to return. This was our best vacation yet!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Rainforest Inn? Share your experiences!