“Great local spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Ponce
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Coffee Shop, Puerto Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Friends Customers:Cafe Cafe Cocina Criolla Espresso Bar has changed its hours of operation to the public Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.M. To 2:45 pm. Thank you very much, hope to see you soon. Enjoy the best puertorrican creole local dish. Creole kitchen. English spoken. Best espresso coffee in town. Variety menu. Sangria sangre boricua,artisian beer. Liquor.(We will be serving 15 minutes before closing)(5 person or more call to reservation)
Chicago, Illinois
“Great local spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I always love finding the small off the beaten path locations. This is a charming restaurant and coffee cafe 2-3 blocks from the main square in Ponce. Just had coffee, which was really good, but wish I had lunch there. The owner was charming (looks like Pres. Obama) with a great smile.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BocachicaTravel, Owner at Cafe Cafe Cocina Criolla Espresso Bar, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
thanks for your visit and your kind comments to us is a valuable aid to further improve service and quality. Thank you.

Florence, Italy
“Charming and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by just few hours ago after a sunny day on the beach...
Delicious food, the guy is very customer oriented and full of precious info, not expensive.
Highly recommended if you want enjoy cocina criolla and the best espresso ever in PR!
Gia&Ste

I am very happy of your opinions of our place. Thanks for your visit and continue to offer our best for us is helpful feedback to continue offering service and quality. thanks
New york
“Definitely more than 5 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

After having a horrible experience at a ponce pr attraction I became very nervous about what I would encounter at my next destination. I saw how cafe cafe has a perfect score here on tripadvisor and decided I would never again settle for less. During my visit to cafe cafe I was delighted and both my parents, native to the island, gave the food two thumbs up for excellence in flavor, presentation and authenticity. The portions are a bit more than enough, the place, immaculate and the price is comfortable for most budgets. You definitely get your money's worth and more. The atmosphere is that of my home town, lower NYC and it was comforting to feel at home. I loved the decor too. It really is a nice and interesting looking place, colorful and inviting to natives and tourists from all parts. The owner is attentive, welcoming and interested in giving you a pleasant experience. I loved that that he thanked me for my tip and that he treated me and my family well before he got it. Like I said the perfect score here on trip advisor speaks for itself and you won't be disappointed. I'll try to upload a pic of my parents enjoying their meal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BocachicaTravel, Owner at Cafe Cafe Cocina Criolla Espresso Bar, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thanks for your comments that greatly helps us good feedback to keep improving every day. Hope to see new ones. Thank you.
Berlin, Germany
“Charming comfortable place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had both lunch and breakfast here - the owner is so friendly and wonderful. We loved the charm of the place - it is in an old restored building decorated with local artwork. The food was very good for both meals - and the coffee is amazing. The building has a wonderful outdoor patio area but it does not seem to be used. They also have very good juices. Don't miss this place - it is very close to the main square.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BocachicaTravel, Owner at Cafe Cafe Cocina Criolla Espresso Bar, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Excuse the delay to write and thank you for your visit to my business I want to thank you for your comments are valuable to us for help. Thanks Cesar
“Outstanding service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great restaurant off the main drag in Ponce. Family friendly with excellent service. Had snapper filet (creole) with rice and beans- it was amazing. Restaurant makes fresh cut french fries for kids. Great place to eat!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Excuse the delay to write and thank you for your visit to my business I want to thank you for your comments are valuable to help us to keep improving every day. For us it is always a pleasure to serve you and hope to see you on a future occasion. Thanks Cesar.