“Great price for work traveling.” 4 of 5 stars

Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Reina & Union Street, Ponce 00733, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great price for work traveling.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked two nights here & came in early on a red eye flight. For the most part, all of the staff is very pleasent. Room was clean & food at Lola's was very good. Vonveniently located to work for the day. I did not bother to rent a car as cab faires raern't that expensive. If I had known, though htat they were building a casino on to the hotel I would have stayed elsewhere. I did not find this out until I checked in. And onstruction nise starts PROMPTLY at 7am! Bring ear plugs. I do not likemy room door being so easily accessible to just anyone duringthe day but I guess they tighten it up better at night. The door has no draft guard & lets in bugs as well as humid air & causes the AC to run all night long. I laid a towel in front of it & that helped somewhat. I have to come back to this city for work often & would choose to stay her again for the conveniebce factor. Wish they had a shuttke pickup & drop off at the airport though but at least wireless is free. I don't htink they have a business center thouh or a workout room. At least neithert hat I saw. I don't know if they have room service or a spa so I can't answer any questions aboutthose amentities.

Room Tip: Anywhere except for where they are buildin the casino!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portalatin, Director General at Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Ramada of Ponce, Puerto Rico. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding the cosntruction of Our Casino. At Ramada, we take great pride in our high standards. . Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the bed and pillows are super cofy, and tastefully decorated. However, our bathroom floor was dirty and the floor got muddy when we got out of the shower. Someone forgot the old soap from the previous guest on the window ledge. Other than that, it was nice. It was a great value for the very best location for visiting Ponce.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portalatin, Gerente at Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We have a meeting with our housekeeping staff to improve our quality of cleanless. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. ” Jessica Portalatin.
Toronto,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located but the noise level at night is terrible. Bring ear plugs. The old traditional rooms are lovely. There are no chairs on the balcony so you cannot relax there sadly. Lola has fabulous food and great ambience. While in Ponce do not miss the Museum of Art. The ice remain the square is great.

• Stayed January 2013
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. ” Jessica Portalatin.
Palm Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

While doing an impromptu tour of Puerto Rico we decided to stay in Ponce because it is an absolutely gorgeous city with amazing architecture. We chose this hotel because it was right in the heart of the town and had on site parking. The hotel lobby was pleasant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was an average room as far as size and amenities , though the coffee maker wasn't there, we called the front desk to get one, and received it immediately. We did some site seeing and decided to eat at the hotel restaurant . The food, service and ambiance were very good, we enjoyed it. We had a long day of travel and were tired so we decided to turn in early. The bed was comfortable but there were only 3 pillows and only a thin blanket and no extra one. The room was an average room, nice for the night, nothing special. My problem was that at 6:45 am there were loud voices carrying into my room through the bathroom, and shortly after that, the very loud construction noises began. I am a heavy sleeper but this was really disruptive to me. Also the shower only had cold water, even though the sink water was hot. We complained to the front desk and they comped our $10 parking fee. This was no real consolation for the rude awakening and cold showers we had. So this is my first negative review of any hotel on TA ( my trips are usually planned with much research- this part of the trip was impromptu- but my research usually yields positive experiences with positive reviews). I rated this hotel as average because it wasn't exactly poor but I don't think I would choose to stay here again despite the positive aspects.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ponce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I want to thank Ramada for their kindness and concern for my health. My original room was located right in front of the construction area. I, an asthmatic, recovering from bronchitis was very affected by it and had to be taken to the doctor. I told Kirssie Gonzalez from Front Desk, my situation. She immediately took action and changed our room with an upgrade. My health immediately improved in our new room. Thank you to all of the staff in Ramada for your courtesy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

the hotel staff were really helpful, room was on perfect conditions, but there was no bath tub (only thing i didnt like about the room, besides it, the room is great), other thing i didnt like was the pool which isn't big. i have stayed in another hotels bigger than this one and payed a lot less, but Puerto Rico is really expensive, so if you are planning on traveling to Ponce I will recommend you this one because the only one better than this one is the Ponce Hilton (and I have stayed there also) and believe me is highly overpriced, the second best thing is the Ramada and in comparison to the Hilton the price is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ponce is a beautiful city about 500 years old. This hotel is located in the center of the city. There are lots of stores and restaurants in the area. The coble stone streets are phenominal and give the city it's old world charm. The hotel is in back of what use to be an old theatre. Many of the building in Ponce have historic and land mark status the outside structure can not be changed. It keeps the integrity of the city intact. Great hotel friendly and helpful staff, use price line and get a great deal on this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!