“I have never seen a more poorly managed establishment!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn El Tuque

and 1 more site!
You added Quality Inn El Tuque to your Saves list
Quality Inn El Tuque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3330 Ponce By Pass | Carretera #2, Km 220.1, Ponce 00728-1510, Puerto Rico (Formerly "Hotel El Tuque")   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Chicago, Illinois
“I have never seen a more poorly managed establishment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

On the first day someone tried to enter the room and when I went to call the front desk and found it closed at 11:00pm. Security was available but not very vigilant. Other guest in the hotel were rude and younger guest were unsupervised. During our stay there a group from Venezuela Taekwondo was there and they were young and unsupervised. Though I reported to the staff my discontent with how much noise there was, little action was take. Also there is a drag strip track to the rear of the hotel where they run cars till about 1:00am, this is never disclosed and no apology was offered for the excessive noise. I have stayed in Puerto Rico cuntless number of times and have never been so disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

It was the worst hotel we ever stay in. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. But good luck to those that do stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

This place is a dump as well as the other 6 hotels we stayed in here in Puerto Rico. Actually I should day this whole island is a dump! I usually travel once a year with my family and we had travel to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Bahamas so we thought we would give Puerto Rico a shot and it sucked! First we reserved a suite with supposedly a full kitchen but all i saw was a cheap microwave and a small refrigerator. The double beds were stained and the sofa bed was full of bed bugs. In all 6 hotels there were beds with bed bugs here in Puerto Rico. I was so disappointed! Please dont get fooled by the price because its just not worth it!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Lansing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stopped for the night having no other plans. The room was very inconvenient, as the internet cable was behind the furthest bed and the desk was in the opposite corner. The AC unit was very noisy. There was no place to plug in the computer or recharge my phone. The tub did not drain, so the water was past your ankles by the end of the shower. Also there was no beach, as the water was contaminated.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

The southern coast of Puerto Rico was the second stop on a Spring Break vacation for my soon-to-graduate son and I. Our stay was courtesy of my many Choice Hotels "frequent-sleeper points," and as I've stayed in as few Quality Inns as possible, my expectations weren't very high. I must say they were exceeded, in a few areas at least.
The approach to the motel is the first clue to the uniqueness of this property: you drive through a tunnel under a roadway plastered with race track signage, e.g., checkered flags. The lobby is open with a tile floor and rattan/wicker furnishings throughout. The grounds of the motel are very tropical, with lots of palm trees and hammocks, a long, shallow turtle pond, and a crystal clear swimming pool next to a gazebo bar. The room layout is quite convoluted, making it very easy to lose one's way multiple times. The rooms are very spartan, not unlike nearly every other Quality Inn I've experienced all around the mainland. Our first room had a leaking ceiling, so they moved us to another nearby room with no leak, but a running toilet. At first I thought that would be a problem, but later I learned otherwise. The sounds of the running water would have been much preferable to those of the race car engines and Ponce International Speedway announcer. But, after a long day driving over from San Juan, my son and I were tired enough that the noise eventually lulled us to a very welcome sleep. The morning repast was definitely a "continental" breakfast, mainly cereal, bagels, breads, and pastries.
All in all, not bad for a "free" room. It's very centrally located along the highway making it easy to get to dinner the first night and back on the road to the eastern shore in the morning.
Had I paid $100 for it as some of my fellow reviewers did, however, I might not have been quite so cheerful.

• Liked — The grounds, and the convenient location.
  • Disliked — The stark rooms, and the noise from the raceway.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MIAMI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

As long as you know, this more of a MOTEL was build in the middle of a RACE TRACK!!! Yes! They used the center Pits and converted them into Motel rooms.

I travel 70% of the month and have seen a share of hotels, but this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. First the RACE track engine noise, NO HIGH SPEED INTERNET, NO WIRELESS.

The night staff was very helpful but working miracles with what management gave them! Which was a Wireless LAPTOP stick to supply INTERNETto all rooms and wireless infrastructure! I still can not figure out how is that possible!

The settings inside the rooms were more of a Cheap Motel, if this hotel was in the rage of $39.00 per night I would be content. But at $100 is an outrage! This one star property needs a new management... I hope this is not the typical setting of a Quality Inn... I am still looking for the quality in fact I asked for a refund as they advertise 100% Satisfaction Guarantee... and I will follow up!

Is not a setting for a family, maybe a little adventure and business at the most!

to as in my stay they were doing miracles as they we atempting

• Liked — That they may have good intentions, the staff tries to make miracles with the little they have@
  • Disliked — NOISE!!!!!!!!! TO MUCH RACE CAR NOISE!!!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

Ponce: Quality Inn El Tuque: "Absolutely Magnificent!!!!
August 3rd thru the 15th 2008
My Husband and I returned home to Florida today and our trip was absolutely magnificent! We never experienced such a lovely stay at a Hotel like we had at the Quality Inn El Tuque. The Staff was very very friendly and pleasent.
One of the things that impressed us the most was the cleanliness of the Hotel.
The grounds were kept up beautifully and the pool was absolutely beautiful and crystal clean at all times.
The location is perfect. Close to any and everything that you would need.
I really liked the idea of having the Security there at night. It was very quiet at night and you could enjoy the pool as late as you wanted.
The continental breakfast was wonderful. And the dining area was kept very clean.
I liked the fact that there was a laundry facility on site, which I used twice during our stay.
To my Husband and I there are just not enough nice things we can say about our experience at the Hotel and for the very caring and friendly staff at Quality Inn El Tuque!
All we can say is that our next trip to Puerto Rico we will make reservations with this same Hotel. We loved our stay there!

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendly caring Staff.
  • Disliked — There was nothing to not like.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn El Tuque? Share your experiences!