“I wish I could rate it higher, but I can't.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn El Tuque

and 1 more site!
You added Quality Inn El Tuque to your Saves list
Quality Inn El Tuque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3330 Ponce By Pass | Carretera #2, Km 220.1, Ponce 00728-1510, Puerto Rico (Formerly "Hotel El Tuque")   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Chicago, Illinois
“I wish I could rate it higher, but I can't.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place seemed like a real gem at first glance. Clean, near the beach, outside of the hustle and bustle of Ponce, what is not to like? Then I found out that there was a turtle pond on premises. Turtle pond!

The turtle were there as advertised, unfortunately they were the highlight of our stay. The rooms have not been well maintained, and with the humidity everything just felt a bit grimy. We tried to find a nearby beach only to be told by the receptionist that everything nearby had been closed by the Fish and Wildlife department.

Even all of this could have been overlooked had we not had one of the absolute worst customer experiences the following morning. We had been traveling hard and were looking forward to a good morning of sleeping in. The do not disturb sign was hung prominently on our doorknob and we had (fortunately) securely locked the door the night before. We were awoken right at 7 am as the groundskeeper thought this was the perfect time to mow directly in front of our room.

To make things even worse the housekeeping staff attempted to get into our room at least half a dozen times. Since the door was locked their key card wouldn't open so they started pounding on the door, at 7:30 am when checkout wasn't until 11! Nothing is more traumatizing than having someone try to break through your door to clean when you are trying to get in a shower. We cleaned up and cleared out as quickly as possible, no sleeping in that morning. We specifically waited and watched through the keyhole until the coast was clear to make our getaway.

My recommendation is if you want to see the turtles stop by, but spend the night at the holiday inn or some other nearby hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

we only needed one night because we wanted to cover Ponce which by the way is very cool , el centro la guancha etc great..but hotel had very nice pool had a decent breakfast check in n out was a breeze safe parking spot although yes there wasn't much hot water you should just deal with it your in the caribbean ..come on...but bed was not so comfy tv channels were good but overall we enjoyed it car races were in background but not a big deal they stopped early on in the day

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Got to PR called the hotel for a early check in and was told three pm is the earliest even when I tried to explain, my wife and I were here for a funeral and arrived at Five am from NYC. There were about eight cars in the lot and six were staff and the other two were guests and we were one of them.checked in no tiolet paper TV was erractic and a thirteen inch tube tv.My wife used a face towel which smelled like a wet mop, and then asked to switch rooms which they did however the room was infested with mosquitoes. The ice box is outside by the pool and unsupervised and possibly being contaminted. There's a security guard that is the all around handyman and told him about the insect issues and said he would fumigate and brought over a can of raid insect spray which I kept, he's the cable guy,the phone guy,oh and Mr. gagdet with a wine opener. I think they need to step up there service and be more hospitible and have staff meetings on how to provide the ultimate guest experience and they would have more traffic and less dissorganization oh and stop acting as if there booked to compacitiy when it's obvious that there not and the front desk needs alot of humility when dealing with clients and stop being abrassive. SOOOOO step it up and get in gear my freinds

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Checked in late, after dark...after searching for a room on a holiday weekend. So we didn't have much choice but to pay $130 plus tax so roughly $145 total. Room was not up-to-date. Shower was scary, looked like mildew/mold on the DARK BROWN tile, yucky, old and in need of retiling!!! I did not even want to step into it, in fact I wore my water shoes when I took a shower.
We went to grab some food for dinner; location of hotel was isolated and far from any restaurants. Returned to room and turned on TV... it was not working right!! Called the desk and they CLOSED at 10 pm. The night security guy was very nice and did come and look at it but was unable to do get it working. Said it was known to have bad TV reception in this particular room!! And to tell the desk in the morning. So no TV!!!
We then went to the pool - very, very small but okay. Until a group of 4 teenagers came... then others gradually joined them...drinking and smoking. We knew they were not staying there but must know somebody that let them do this. They were familiar with the place. Didn't seem right that they were using the facilities that the guests were paying for.
On the good side, the outside grounds were very nicely landscaped and the artwork on the outside walls were great!! Nice decorative pool at the entrance also. But the rooms were really NOT up to par and should NOT have been priced anywhere near what they charged!!! Need to be updated!!! See photo of shower that I've included!!! YIKES!

Room Tip: Be sure to book rooms in advance if you go on a holiday weekend!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed here 2 different occasions for one night each and have found it to be a terrible place. I want to explore Ponce, but this hotel has almost NO service, terrible beds, poor breakfast, no hot water, tubs that need to be resurfaced. Avoid at all costs!!!

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Smithfield, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were one of the five guests at the hotel that night. Front desk clerk was nice but too new at work. It took her long time to check us in. Wifi was not working, upon complaint they provided a cord and it worked ok. Water pressure was next to nothing it was trickling in the sink. no hot water in shower and no pressure. We end up taking cold shower which could have been bit warmer than shower out side.

Rooms were clean. TV was ancient 19" on the wall and remote was sicky so we did not bother to try it. We ask information for nearby national franchised restaurant but the information was inadequate. So end up with pizza delivered from Domino. Information on points of attraction was a piece of black paper with some data no personal interaction. Breakfast was OK no fresh fruit. Since there were not too many guest, I understood. I was very disappointed overall and it reflects the rating.

At check out the same poor girl was there. I did not want to make her miserable by complaining about hot water, TV etc. Manager came in shortly after, but disappear to avoid the music.

This is an OK shelter if you like taking cold shower but not worth $130 per night. There were better choice on Island, avoid if you could.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days in Febuary 2012 using points. It was the only hotel available for the dates I needed. I must say I was hesitant to book it after seeing it was in the middle of a race track. But it turned out fine and there wasn't any noise.
It is a very basic property. The pool and grounds are actually pretty nice. The free breakfast is good. The room we had was newly remodeled and perfectly fine. The staff members that we met were very friendly.
The location was isolated. There was nothing nearby. That didn't bother us too much since we had plans every day that took us to other parts of the island.
If you can book this with points or for a good rate, it is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Hotel Belgica
#2 of 7 in Ponce
4.0 of 5 stars 257 reviews
Pichi's Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Quality Inn El Tuque? Share your experiences!