This place seemed like a real gem at first glance. Clean, near the beach, outside of the hustle and bustle of Ponce, what is not to like? Then I found out that there was a turtle pond on premises. Turtle pond!
The turtle were there as advertised, unfortunately they were the highlight of our stay. The rooms have not been well maintained, and with the humidity everything just felt a bit grimy. We tried to find a nearby beach only to be told by the receptionist that everything nearby had been closed by the Fish and Wildlife department.
Even all of this could have been overlooked had we not had one of the absolute worst customer experiences the following morning. We had been traveling hard and were looking forward to a good morning of sleeping in. The do not disturb sign was hung prominently on our doorknob and we had (fortunately) securely locked the door the night before. We were awoken right at 7 am as the groundskeeper thought this was the perfect time to mow directly in front of our room.
To make things even worse the housekeeping staff attempted to get into our room at least half a dozen times. Since the door was locked their key card wouldn't open so they started pounding on the door, at 7:30 am when checkout wasn't until 11! Nothing is more traumatizing than having someone try to break through your door to clean when you are trying to get in a shower. We cleaned up and cleared out as quickly as possible, no sleeping in that morning. We specifically waited and watched through the keyhole until the coast was clear to make our getaway.
My recommendation is if you want to see the turtles stop by, but spend the night at the holiday inn or some other nearby hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn El Tuque Hotel Ponce
- Quality Inn El Tuque Hotel
- El Tuque
- El Tuque Hotel
- Hotel El Tuque Ponce
- El Tuque Ponce
- Ponce Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Ponce
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming tropical style hotel in the Complejo Turistico Recreativo El Tuque. Walking distance from the Ponce Intl Speedway Park and Speed and Splash Water Park. Located in La Perla del Sur, Ponce. Nearby the black-sand beach and the azure Caribbean Sea. Two miles from La Guancha Boardwalk, Sea Food Restaurants, Plaza del Caribe Mall and the Historical Down Town of Ponce. The hotel includes deluxe continental breakfast, swimming pool and free high speed Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn El Tuque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.