“GREAT STAFF - EXCELENT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Ponce Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ramada Ponce Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Ponce Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Reina | Downtown Across Main Plaza, Ponce 00731, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Ponce
Yauco, Puerto Rico
“GREAT STAFF - EXCELENT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I recomended this hotel because:
Excelent price
Excelent location
BEATIFUL ROOM AND IT WAS VERY CLEAN
The staff was great.
MELAO COFFE SHOP EXCELENT
Thanks to Carlos omar the front desk supervisor is very helpful. Ramada has a very good staff ( maids, casino,front desk,house man )

• Stayed October 2013
Carlos G, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Ponce Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jose G

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino! When we receive news like this, it makes us even happier to serve our guests! We hope that this won't be your last stay, and we will be more than excited to house you once again.

Take care Jose
Thank you and see you soon!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wow is really the reaction you can say after staying here. This hotel was unique in itself, but a poor design without much maintenence. The hotel lobby was nice and somewhat elegant, but very unique. From the lobby, you walk to the back and out, pass the tiny and DIRTY pool, through the valet entrance, to get to where MOST of the rooms are- In the weird and sketchy motel section of the hotel. The rooms were clean, but not very warm or welcoming. It felt like a jail cell or some kind of low-lit hotel room with cold tile floor and no covers. I DID NOT FEEL WELCOME. Also, I felt very unsafe for some reason. I did not enjoy my stay here. Ramada needs to step it up and make the guests feel welcome. The pictures they have on here are misleading.

Room Tip: Get a room to the far corner/ end of the building, those rooms are nicer, brighter, and VERY spaciou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Carlos G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ponce Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear MWJ-PanAm,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us with your thoughts on your stay at the Ramada. After reading your review, I would like to apologize for the non-pleasant stay that you had experienced. As the front desk manager, it is nothing but embarrassing to hear that one of our guests had not enjoyed their time while at this hotel. It is my responsibility to provide the respective departments with your complaints so we may fix these issues.
I apologize on the behalf of the staff here, and we hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance!

Thank you once again!
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in the original part of the family home, the room was cozy, clean and charming. Bathroom had been updated. Ramada was located in the center of the town within walking of several shops. The park was a delight as was the bus tour that we took. There was a lovely Garden family eatery on the side street of the hotel. We felt bad that this was discovered the day we were leaving. We will make it on our next visit. The casino visit paid off with a small win. Not a gambler the win felt good. Happy we stayed there. Will stay again nice to go back into the past.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yvette N,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback
When we receive news like this, it makes us even happier to serve our guests!
We will be more than excited to house you and your family once again. Thank you and see you soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I reserve this hotel since a long wait for me and my wife to have a pleasant and calm stay out of the routine and to celebrate our anniversary. At arrival the hotel looks very good, the location is great and my wife and I really enjoy Plaza Las Delicias and walking around.We didn't used the pool but it looks really small but clean. The parking is a great add (be prepared to pay $10.00) and the staff was kind and friendly. Our romantic gateway was almost perfect until we arrive to our room. First, they gave us a room that was at the colonial part just at the enter of the hotel and lobby and for the looks this was and office before a hotel room. When we enter it was a Full Size bed for me and my wife. The room like the bed was very small and uncomfortable, but we try to make fun of the situation and just let it be. The bathroom was great and big, may I say more big than the room. A good point was.that the room was clean, the bathroom was ok but not great. Second, there was a BIG party down at the lobby and and at first it was ok but after 1:00am it was not that fun at all and it was like the party was in our room and at 4:00am at last the music stop(not the scream and hard laugh of the guests).Then at night when we "try to sleep" (beside the big party down stairs) at the upper door was this big stained yellow glasses that let all the lights in and the room was bright as a house glass in the morning. They turn off the the light at 6:00am and at that time the sunlight was getting in. Like you see our relax and quiet stay wasn't that great at all and I was wake up all night crazy to go to my comfy and bigger bed at my home. I understand that there have a way better rooms and more quietly but ours was the loudest, brightest and smallest one. If you just want to party all night, specially at weekend this hotel is for you. To bad we when for another reason and the sad part is that we were breaking a 2 1/2 slump without at least a hotel stay and the experience was bad to worse. At morning at least Melao's Coffee Shop was a great experience but you don't have to stay at the hotel to enjoy it. And we need a lot of coffee to wake up and head back home on a 2 hours drive. My recommendation, if you want a relax and escape from the routine this is not the place.

• Stayed August 2013
Carlos G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ponce Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear madrum, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by accommodations in your room. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino, except for a few select things. We will take care of your complaints as soon as possible, to ensure that you would not mind joining us again. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

As I travel quite often because of work, I can tell this hotel has a really unique and beautiful product. Rooms are overall good. Service is outstanding (at least the one I received during my whole week stay). I don't like HSK coming into my room every day, and they did respect my Do Not Disturb sign while it was hanging on the doorknob and the only day I took it down because I needed my room serviced, they did a wonderful job. The food at Lola is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I think I tried every single dish in the menu and to be honest, I can't decide which I liked the best! All meats, fishes were cooked perfectly and the flavors are quite awesome! Congratulations to the Chef.
The hotel has a nice location and even though it needs minor updates regarding the building itself, I would come back without a doubt in a future opportunity.

If you ever go to Ponce and you're not planning on spending the night there, at least have your meal at Lola's. You won't regret it.

Cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MO1120, thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino! When we receive news like this, it makes us even happier to serve our guests! We hope that this won't be your last stay, and we will be more than excited to house you once again. Thank you and see you soon!
Carolina, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Worst experience ever...First they try to cancel the room, it was all about mistakes and money. I make a reservation for my sister's wedding. The weekend was full due to holidays and Bowling Tournament on the city. I have a reservation and called to make arrangements for my aunts. I called and they told me that they can get me a room with a King bed and one of those sofas that turn into a full bed. They also told me that I can rent a rollaway bed for additional $20.00. We agree and I asked if there is any other charge and I was told NO. I called 2 day before the check in date and they assigned me a room. Day before I called and the room still assigned and no problem was informed. Then I called day of the check in and they told me that the room was unavailable and that there is no other room with that specifics to us. I asked what happened and the attendant said that the room has "troubles". I told her that as of day before the room was available and assigned to us. She then put me in hold for 20 minutes, I hang up and called again and asked for her (Tania) and Linda which is her supervisor said that she was busy with some customers. She then proceed to tell me that the room indeed was available but told me about a bunch of charges that I guess they" forgot" to mention until the last minute. Thinking that they might leave us without room I agree. Room experience. Horrible, dirty room, bathroom with mould, floor full of dirt. hair from who knows, dirty tables, every single part of the room was dirty. Nasty towels, almost yellow. We need to request towels, sheets and blankets and in top of that nasty attitude from the front desk. The only good thing there was the maid which was very nice and help us even when she was very busy. At the end I did not agree of the charges and I paid for what we agree at the beginning. I still regret not make a reservation on the Ponce Hilton. We have a great experience there on my other sister wedding 2 years ago. I would paid with close eyes to stay in the Hilton. That's what happens when you request cheap places, you get cheap attitude, cheap service and cheap people to deal with. Never will stay in trash place...

Room Tip: Nothing good on this Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlos G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ponce Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear MariaM644389, thank you for providing us with your thoughts on your stay while at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino. I apologize for the low-quality of your time at this hotel.
It is disappointing to hear that one of our guests ended up not enjoying their stay, and would not like to join us again. I will be sure to report this issues to the respective department to see how soon we can get this problem fixed.
I apologize again and we hope that you will give us a second chance!
Manati, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

when I call front desk they told me they were going to look at the video to find out who was trying to open my room door, as of now I haven't got an answer, I'll not recommend This hotel because if they don’t have the security for the guess what can you expect?

when I call front desk they told me they were going to look at the video to find out who was trying to open my room door, as of now I haven’t get an answer, I'll not recommend This hotel because if they don’t have the security for the guess what can you expect?
Sorry to say this because the hotel is in a good place and everything is near. Also they are lot of places that you can visit. But I won’t recommend. For a stay on less they get a better security.
Juanita Pagan
From Manati PR

Room Tip: Better security and make sure no one else have a key to the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Ponce Hotel? Share your experiences!