In a city with marginal hotels, this one is OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. Always stayed at the Hilton in Ponce, but got tired of the prices, charges for parking, internet, etc., decided to try this hotel.
The room was OK, the food was OK, the staff were OK. Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but I've had better, and have had worse too.
To give perspective, I will probably go back to this hotel on my next trip.
The only problem I had (which is a big problem) is that I couldn't get hot water from my shower.
I complained and they sent someone immediately who played with the faucet and it seemed as though he was getting hot water, so I left it alone. When I tried to use it later and the next morning, again I couldn't get hot water, so 2 days with cold showers. Maybe it was good for me, but I doubt it. Make sure you have hot water when you get to the room, I was too busy and too tired to change rooms once I settled in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Para informaciÏŒn en EspaÃ±ol, haga click: Holiday Inn Ponce HotelBeautifully nestled on top of a panoramic mountain with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea and the Historical City of Ponce known as the City of Museums. The Holiday Inn Ponce Hotel & Tropical Casino offers 116 renovated and spacious guest rooms and junior suites with individually climate control air conditioners and private balconies. Privileged location - El Tropical Casino located in our main lobby opened 24 hours daily. We are located just one mile from the Speed and Splash Water and Racing Theme Park and only 7 miles from the new Costa Caribe Golf Course. Easy access to the heart of Ponce and the tourists zone. Located 80 miles from the main airport Luis Munoz Marin in San Juan and only 12 miles away from the regional Mercedita Airport. Smoke detectors & fire sprinklers. Olympic size pool and kiddy pool with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Banquet and meeting facilities for up to 300 persons. Wheel Chair Accessible and non-smoking rooms available. Locally acclaimed restaurant 'Tanama,' Ponce's Nouvelle Cuisine. Live music Friday and Saturday at the Barlavista Lobby Bar with a breathtaking view of the pool and Caribbean Sea. Game Room. Fitness Center. El Tropical Casino is open daily 24 hours with the newest tropical atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Hotel Ponce
- Holiday Inn Ponce And Tropical Casino
- Ponce Holiday Inn