Stayed for one night the day after Christmas. The hotel stands alone on top of a hill. Late check in, staff was very friendly. Room 319 was comfy, big and very clean, bathroom was spotless. I got the view of the front parking lot, but you could also see the city of Ponce with the ocean on the side. Other rooms overlook the pool and the ocean. The main elevator is out of service. The other one is far down the hall. We took the stairs.
We returned to the room around 11:30pm, restaurant closes at 11:00pm. Very odd since the casino was packed with the locals. There were people eating foods from somewhere else in the parking lot. The girl at the front desk gave us directions to Ponce Town Center ( 15 mins. drive). We found the Burger King drive thru open and ate in our room. I think the hotel is losing some serious money here. At least have some sort of snack bar open with the Casino.
The pool is big and has a nice view of the ocean. We had the breakfast buffet around
10:30am. Again, the staff in this place is really friendly. The food was ok, fresh fruit, good coffee; need to work on the pancakes (hard as a rock). Overall, a good hotel if you are visiting Ponce or just passing by.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ponce And Tropical Casino
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Hotel Ponce
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ponce
- Ponce Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Para informaciÏŒn en EspaÃ±ol, haga click: Holiday Inn Ponce HotelBeautifully nestled on top of a panoramic mountain with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea and the Historical City of Ponce known as the City of Museums. The Holiday Inn Ponce Hotel & Tropical Casino offers 116 renovated and spacious guest rooms and junior suites with individually climate control air conditioners and private balconies. Privileged location - El Tropical Casino located in our main lobby opened 24 hours daily. We are located just one mile from the Speed and Splash Water and Racing Theme Park and only 7 miles from the new Costa Caribe Golf Course. Easy access to the heart of Ponce and the tourists zone. Located 80 miles from the main airport Luis Munoz Marin in San Juan and only 12 miles away from the regional Mercedita Airport. Smoke detectors & fire sprinklers. Olympic size pool and kiddy pool with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Banquet and meeting facilities for up to 300 persons. Wheel Chair Accessible and non-smoking rooms available. Locally acclaimed restaurant 'Tanama,' Ponce's Nouvelle Cuisine. Live music Friday and Saturday at the Barlavista Lobby Bar with a breathtaking view of the pool and Caribbean Sea. Game Room. Fitness Center. El Tropical Casino is open daily 24 hours with the newest tropical atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Olotels, Otel, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.