My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Ponce for 3 nights and our stay was eventful and relaxing. The resort is a bit dated but fits in with the scenery in Ponce. Everything is open air except for the Casino, La Cava(restaurant), and the guestrooms.
We started our stay on the first floor of the East tower in a room with pool access which was great. We were able to walk out of our patio and onto the pool and the beach. Rooms have a tropical decor which was nice.
The next day, Moises at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting a place where we could have lunch in Ponce and his recomendation of La Casa del Chef was great! We tried Mofongo and although the food was luke warm to cold, it tasted good! He was very helpful with directions and anything else that we needed.
The second night the people above us had 6 kids in their room running around and being very noisy on their patio so we called the front desk and asked if they could help and they moved us to a higher floor. The front desk staff that evening was extremely helpful and very willing to accomodate us, and they did. We decided to order room service this evening and Lores was so nice and friendly! Our dinner was great that night!
On our 3rd day we got notice on our door that we would have to move rooms again because a group had already blocked the floor we were on. On this day, the front desk agent was not very helpful. We asked why we weren't notified sooner about this and she kept saying, "I have a deal for you. . " Well, it wasn't a deal because they first moved us to a smoking room even though the resort is non smoking. After heading back to the front desk and "talking" to the same front desk agent, we finally got upgraded to the Executive Tower and this room had an amazing view of the ocean and updated decor.
That evening we ate at La Terraza, which is their buffet style restaurant and the food was amazing! They had a seafood buffet that included, Grouper, Crab, Oysters, Paella and Prime Rib to name a few things.
Overall, aside from the front desk agent on the third night, the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. They truly want to make you feel at home and comfortable. The beach is black sand and the water is rough but it's relaxing if you sit there and look out. The grounds are kept up well and the parrott in the pool bar will squak at you from time to time. Bring mosquito spray as the humidity brings them out.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ponce Golf Hotel Ponce
- Hilton Ponce Golf And Casino Resort
- Hilton Ponce Golf Hotel
- Hilton Ponce Hotel
- Hilton Ponce Resort
- Hilton Ponce
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An extensive beachfront resort strategically located minutes from downtown Ponce, with easy access to most business and tourista attractions and landmarks of the South and Southwest Puerto Rico regions, like Castillo Serralles, La Guancha, Guanica Dry Forest, Cabo Rojo and Ponce Museum of Art, Ponce Airport and Sea Port. Amenities include direct beach access, championship golf course, 24/7 full service Casino, fitness center, rooms and suites with balconies and ocean views, and an ample range of meeting and banquet venues with business center support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.