“Wonderful Relaxing Time at the Hilton Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$159 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Norwich, Vermont
“Wonderful Relaxing Time at the Hilton Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with an old college friend, who lives in Puerto Rico. She had recommended this hotel in Ponce for its quiet location and fabulous breakfasts. Our room in the Executive Tower had a sea view and a balcony. The beds were blissfully comfortable with good linens and down duvets. The bathroom had a great shower and good toiletries, as well as the usual amenities.

The Hilton Resort has open-style, modern architecture and spectacular gardens lush with tropical vegetation. The poolside scene was particularly attractive and landscaped with comfortable loungers and double beds for sunbathing. The beach just beyond the pool area was long and narrow. Unfortunately, swimming in the ocean was not possible because of dangerous rip-tides.

Breakfasts were included in our special hotel rate for an additional $10.00 per day for the two of us. I heartily recommend finding a rate where breakfast is inclusive, as they include eggs and waffles cooked to order, fresh fruit and juices, cheese, sausages, bacon, good breads, bagels, and Danish pastries. We ate in the outside restaurant for one of our lunches, but watch out for the birds. They are likely to swoop down and steal something from your plate! I also had an excellent venison dinner at La Cava on my last night here.

All in all, a wonderful, relaxing stay at the Hilton Resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

There is much to like about this hotel, however the cons are numerous too. As I neither golf nor care for casinos, the 'resort' aspect of this hotel left much to be desired in the end. The staff was generally lovely and the rooms very nice. If I had been here for a conference and had a great rate I would have been pleased.

But for leisure travellers it was really only average. I think golfers might raise it a star. We were very self sufficient, which is good because the concierge / front desk was never all that helpful.
I loved loved loved my first visit to Puerto Rico and to the island itself I will returm. I was still glad we stayed in Ponce - but not the center of town - for this trip. But if I return to the island I will not come back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Overall experience was very good! We had a relaxing time at the pool, very clean and well kept. Not the nicest beach we have seen. Beach was small and needs to be raked. We walked down a way and lots of garbage. La Cava restaurant was awesome!!! Food and service was top notch! Sushi restaurant also very good experience!
Rooms were decent and clean. Slept amazing in the king size bed! Air hockey table kept us up a few nights. Should really be shut down at midnight.
Golf course was really nice too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the air hockey table - very loud at 2 AM or they should shut it down at midnight.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pros:The rooms were very spacious. The rooms were updated with everything you need. The price was reasonable. The BBQ dinner was very good. It had plenty of options and all of the food was fresh and delicious($18 per person). There was a small casino in the hotel with a little bit of everything. The first floor room had a nice view of the beach and a nice grassy area for the kids to play. The pool area was very nice. The pool was clean and sufficient. There were kid pools and fountains for kids. The pool bar/grill was a good price and very close.

Cons: This beach was probably the worst I have ever saw (Maybe Athens beach was worse with big rocks everywhere). There was a per day parking charge and a 14% hotel fee(what did the additional charge cover?) The hotels outside appearence is a little run down. The property is also a little run down.

The overall stay was nice. I would not stay here again though. The hotel was just average, the beach was horrible, and the surrounding area had limited attractions.The hotel stay was just so-so not as nice as most resorts. I am glad I saw the area but I have been to much nicer resorts for comparable prices.

Room Tip: The ground level is nice. It is probably not as safe but the resort was safe for the most part.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear piasan:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and that you found our rooms to be spacious and our prices reasonable, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you were disappointed with the condition of our beaches and for the additional parking charges. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Jose Caro
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I spent Easter weekend at an oceanfront room in the executive tower of the hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and well appointed, with an ample balcony. The service was excellent, and the food was very good. The hotel was completely full, so we got to truly appreciate how well managed this property really is. We will definitely return whenever we get a chance.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The pool area was pretty , the food was good, drinks were yummy, and the staff was friendly. We had a room that had a view of both the pool and the beach. We also had our own little outside patio which was nice. By the way...the beach was rocky, full of seaweed, and cloudy....not the kind I enjoyed swimming in. Stick to the pool...as long as you don't mind sharing it with a bunch of little kids. There are stray dogs wandering around but don't worry, they won't approach you even if you call them.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with Pool Side. You can walk right outside your back door to the pool (but you c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel may not be for everyone, however, if you are looking for a place to totally unwind and just simply relax I would encourage it. It is also a wonderful place for families with children as there are many activities to do. We were at the main pool for a few days and it did get a bit loud with all the kids. It was spring break afterall for many of the families there. We then decided to go to the pool at the Costa Caribe club which is a short shullte away and the peace and tranquility were amazing. The ocean breeze and service was all fine. I thought the food xcellent and the price very fair. Lunchg buffet for $18.00 was a very good value considerig all the different selections available. I also thought the dinner buffet at $29.00 was also a geat value and the food very good. The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. stayed in the Executive room a great balcony and view of the Carribean. The room was spotless and had plenty of space to walk around as well as nice dressers for clothes. Plenty of storage. Slept with the doors open and listened to the crashing waves. This was a vacation where we just wanted to relax and enjoy the climate. pool and beach. All was accomplished. The Casino was also very nice and left with a few $$$ in my pocket. If you are looking for a place with a lot of action and nightlife, this is not it. However, if you seek, good food, relaxing atmosphere then I highly reccomend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort? Share your experiences!