“YUM!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PIKA Restaurant

PIKA Restaurant
Rd. 693 Km. 12.9 | North Coast Shopping Village, (front of Hyatt Hacienda del Mar), Dorado 00646, Puerto Rico
+1 787-220-1210
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Freeport
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Pika is little gem of a restaurant we found right outside the gate to our hotel, the Hyatt Hacienda del Mar in Dorado. Excellent food! I tried the delicious “Mofongo”, a traditional Puerto Rican dish. YUM!! Though not as “brave” as I was, everyone else in our group enjoyed their dinners immensely. It was delightful to meet the owner who came by our table to greet us and make sure we were happy!

Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Staying at the Hacienda del Mar in Dorado for the second time and the only restaurant I can recommend with 100% confidence is PIKA. This place is within walking distance to the hotel. In trying to find the best aspect of this restaurant, I am torn between so many features. To be fair, I'll go alphabetically:
- Atmosphere: Quaint, quiet but family friendly, and decorated beautifully. You may either sit inside on their comfortable chairs around round tables, surrounded by the dim lights from the wall sconces, or you have the option of sitting outside under the awning. Both options are wonderful and comfortable.
- Beverages: GET THE SANGRIA. Its delicious fruit and red wine taste will leave you wanting more. Mixed to perfection.
- Food: Everything I tasted was delicious. I ordered the monfongo with camarones and it was savory and fabulous. I tasted the ceviche, the coconut shrimp and the breaded grouper as part of the sampler appetizer. All were equally as satisfying and I would've been happy with any choice as my main dish.
- Staff - Marie in particular was warm and welcoming. She was attentive and was as happy to see us enjoy our dishes as we were to be eating them. Our other server was timely and careful with our dishes. We told Marie we'd see her again soon as I know we'll be returning on our next visit to Puerto Rico.

• Visited April 2013
“Oh so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I want to take the chef home with me. Went back 3 times and had something different each time. Homemade soup made with love and Maria the owner was exuberant and lively. It is near the Dorado Hyatt and was easy to get to. Would definitely recommend to any foodie.

Ponder, Texas
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt and this restaurant is located just across the street in a new shopping center. We started with the Mini empanadillas filled with lobster and fish. The order comes with 6 and dipping sauce. The crust is flaky and fish has great favor. The staff is very friendly and helpful explaining the menu and all questions we had. Our party ordered Grouper with rice/beans as side, pasta w/ salmon & Alfredo sauce, and pasta shrimp carbonara sauce.
Grouper was excellent, cooked perfectly.
Salmon and shrimp pasta dishes were fresh and cooked perfectly. Portion sizes are very generous. The desert menu looked very tempting--maybe order something to go to eat later :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great meal, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

You have to taste the Arroz Mamposteao and the Mofongo filled with Shrimps. Delicious blend of flavors. Excellent service by the owners...

• Visited October 2012