My wife and I have been all over the Carribean, and all things considered, this resort is a pretty good value for the money. We just stayed there for 5 nights with our 3 granddaughters, and we were treated well. Any problems we had(not many,not serious) was taken care of quickly and efficiently and with a smile.
The hotel and its grounds were well taken care, service was friendly,free hot breakfast was good even with a great many people there(staff had 3 different buffet lines going). The facilities were your usual 3 pools with outdoor bar, beach(not great but usable),some water sports available. Onsite/ outdoor dining was alittle pricey but what isn't in the Carribean.
My only complaint is that the resort nickel/dimes you with facility fees, parking fees and then your usual govt tourist taxes drives your bill up. Again, what can you expect in the islands?
All that said, I still believe its a pretty good value for a family vacation and we would stay there again if we visit Dorado or Puerto Rico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all suite beachfront Resort in Puerto Rico offering a relaxed tropical atmosphere with a three form lagoon pool overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. A perfect setting for families offering a two room suite, a daily complimentary cooked to order breakfast and two hours at our evening reception daily. Recreational facilities include a Fitness center, game room, Laundromat and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach & Golf Hotel Dorado
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach And Golf Resort
- Puerto Rico Embassy Suites
- Dorado Embassy Suites