“A Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Dorado Del Mar Boulevard, Dorado 00646, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night Fall!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
PA-USA
“A Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I have been all over the Carribean, and all things considered, this resort is a pretty good value for the money. We just stayed there for 5 nights with our 3 granddaughters, and we were treated well. Any problems we had(not many,not serious) was taken care of quickly and efficiently and with a smile.
The hotel and its grounds were well taken care, service was friendly,free hot breakfast was good even with a great many people there(staff had 3 different buffet lines going). The facilities were your usual 3 pools with outdoor bar, beach(not great but usable),some water sports available. Onsite/ outdoor dining was alittle pricey but what isn't in the Carribean.
My only complaint is that the resort nickel/dimes you with facility fees, parking fees and then your usual govt tourist taxes drives your bill up. Again, what can you expect in the islands?
All that said, I still believe its a pretty good value for a family vacation and we would stay there again if we visit Dorado or Puerto Rico.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pros=The hotel room was always kept very clean by the staff. The complementary breakfast was a hit! The view amazing. The pool area kid friendly. The private beach very nice. The hotel not busy like San Juan area, very relaxing. Cons= the parking fee, if your staying here it should be free, if you are people not staying and coming for the Casino you should pay parking.

Bayamon, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I asked for a suite to make a meeting with 10 managers. very good experience, I wish they have a bigger suite. they said all the rooms are the same. Breakfast was cold and croissants were hard. Lunch at the restaurant was ok, but fish overcooked. Fried plantains one f the best I've tried so far!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a client during my stay in Puerto Rico. The facility is a little hard to find due to street names that fail to show up in GPS system. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I ate at the bar two nights in a row and the bar staff was excellent. The food was very good and the Medalla beer was perfect to wash down Mofongo. The only negatives I have are the parking which is remote from the hotel and the front desk staff which are inattentive and cold. The lobby bar areas can get very noisy especially during the manager's reception. I couldn't hold a conversation on my cell phone. There were a lot of kids running around screaming but I guess you can't hold that against the hotel. If I return to Puerto Rico I'll definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Denville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for this trip and it was our third time to the hotel. We arrived on Sunday and the pool area was packed. I lost count at 200 people in the pool. There were no lounge chairs to sit on and the public beach was just as crowded. The hotel is attached to a vacation rental place and I assume many are invited to come to the pool for the day. I watch the gate from the beach to the pool and 10 people at a time would wait for the key access gate to open and walk in to use the pool. I would have thought this gate would have been monitored like the door walking into the hotel where they would take your towel from you.
Monday was our first day of what we thought would be peace and quiet to enjoy the pool and the common area that were were paying a 16% "resort fee" now that the weekend crowd left. We sat in our room getting ready when we watched 5 school buses pull up with about 200 teenagers. They apparently were part of a school party and were allowed to use the common facilities included the pool that quickly filled up. I am all about having a good time, but not when we are paying 16% a room resort fee, times 2 rooms, or about $70 a day to use the facilities.
We quickly realized that it was prom season and when asked was told that they had booked 42 prom events at the hotel. The hotel was packed, althought they tried at breakfast, they could not keep up with the hundreds of people staying at the hotel. They said there was a max of 5 per room, but I often saw many more exiting the rooms.
In the past this was a quiet getaway, but not on our June stay. I thought about asking for my resort fee back for 2 of the 6 days we stayed since we could not use the pool or find a chair. I can't be bothered since getting the form letter responses would do me no good. So bottom line, nice hotel, but not in June and I assume, with the "vacation club", not any weekend in the summer.

Room Tip: As you face the entrance the rooms on the left side of the hotel (ocean view) are over the garbage d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Mike B:

We truly appreciate your candid feedback from your most recent stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed by the management team. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay and assure your concerns will be addressed. I do hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future if your travels do bring you back to our area.

Isaias Rodriguez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Embassy suites are always my first option, anywhere. Love their facilities, rooms & service. Last time, 10/2012, we had a fantastic week. It was great! We spent a wonderful family vacation. Breakfast, as always, was perfect. Although evening retreat were a little crowdy; hotel team manage the situation very well. No time lost in lines. On location, is very good; car is a must. Lots of restaurants nearby; short drive. Well centered for travel to other parts of the island. Not too far the airport; around 35 minutes drive. Definitively this is the best hotel chain; we recommend this as first option. Pool area is fantastic. Service is at best. Very nice rooms, well equipped, updated and very clean. Perfect for families and couples.

• Stayed October 2012
Parker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Your are welcomed as soon as you drive up. The staff was great. The hotel was very nice. They have all of what you expect. Food was great. The location is a bit away from San Juan so traffic can cause you delays. Depending on the time of day you can spend 2 hours in traffic or 30 minutes. Hotel is on the beach.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!