I recently stayed at this resort with a few friends and it was great. The pool area is awesome and the pool side bar is perfect for lunch and drinks. The other perks of the hotel were awesome as well. Free breakfast every morning with all the you could want. Great omlet bar and just all sorts of breakfast choices. The free cocktail hour was also perfect. You could get as many drinks at a time as you wanted. I would highly recommend the sangria they have! So good! The staff is also so polite and helpful with anythingggg you need. More than once we has questions about trips we were taking outside the hotel and they went beyond to help us. As well as always offering free waters which is another little perk. The beach area is small as described in some previous post but its still nice. No crystal clear blue waters like you would invision on a tropical island but they offer paddle boats and kayaks that you can explore the like inlet with. Also the average age of guests staying at the hotel was either over 50 or under 10. I was staying with two friends and were all around 22 years old and we still enjoyd our time I would just recommend for someone around our age to stay somewhere in san juan. We did travle to san juan to go to a bar one night but its a good 30-45 min drive which is obviously a long time if your planning on going to get a few drinks. There was no night life in dorado, the casino is fun and lively but the crowd was also all over 50. The hotel staff did telll us there were some bars in the town of dorado they were just about a 10min drive off the resort area but we didnt explore them and honestly the town looked very dangerous I dont think I would have felt comfortable going out into it. The town of san juan is also a little scary so Iwould suggest be careful. Overall the hotel was great for relaxing by the pool and beach but not so much on the night life side of things. Def a hotel for an older crowd!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all suite beachfront resort in Puerto Rico offering a relaxed tropical atmosphere with a three form lagoon pool overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. A perfect setting for families offering a two room suite, a daily complimentary cooked to order breakfast and two hours at our evening reception daily. Recreational facilities include a fitness center, game room, laundromat and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach & Golf Hotel Dorado
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach And Golf Resort
- Puerto Rico Embassy Suites
- Dorado Embassy Suites