“Weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Dorado Del Mar Boulevard, Dorado 00646, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates From $99
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Dorado
Juana Diaz
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This weekend vacation was planned so I could spend time with my parents and as a gift to my mother for her birthday. The staff was very kind and helpful with what we needed. The pool area was adecuate for us to relax and the beach was just find. What was included in our package we found worth what we paid. We would reconsider staying at the Embassy Suites Dorado again inthe future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Gricy:

Thanks for submitting your review, it's great to hear we met your expectations, that is certainly our goal every day. I would love to greet you in your next visit to our hotel.

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Elkridge, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently traveled to the Embassy Suites in Dorado, PR for business and found the hotel very accommodating. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were a bit dated, but clean and tidy. The pool area is very nicely appointed and relaxing. This is good place for families and for adults as well. The thing to remember is that things go at a slower pace in PR, so if you want your lunch in a hurry or your room cleaned right of way, you will be disappointed. A good trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi Flolo86:

Thank you for submitting your review, I am pleased you had a god experience in our property.

Have a nice day!

Newtown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A bit of personal background to add some perspective, my wife and I are in our early 60’s and have been fortunate to do a lot of leisure travel, usually in moderate or above resort type properties. I use trip advisor often for research but shamefully infrequently post reviews. Our experience at the Embassy Suites Dorado del mar was so positive I felt compelled to share my thoughts with you.

The staff at this resort is its strongest asset. Starting with the omnipresent manager Mr. Isaias Rodriguez who is genuinely concerned about this property, the hotel staff and its guests. A take charge type leader and problem solver with an infectious smile that makes you feel at home. All the staff is professional, friendly, competent and really appear to enjoy their job and have you as a visitor. I ordinarily don’t get to emotional on vacation but I was hugging some workers my last day there (Sorry Monica!).

It appears that many concerns of previous travelers have been examined and have been or are being addressed. For example, only very short waits for the excellent breakfast buffet and great happy hours. Fitness center had equipment and TV set working, beach was clean and had plenty of chairs, the parking garage gate worked fine and we had no problem getting parking spaces.

This hotel caters to all types of people. We saw business, three generation family’s, couples, a few singles, young and old, some local most from the States and a few from other countries. All getting along enjoying the pool and keeping themselves entertained.
Talking with other guest we found many are return customers, others getting ready for a cruise and two different groups who left hotels in San Juan because of safety and cost factors.

Our ocean view room was more than adequate and comfortable. An upper floor unit that had a great view of ocean, newer carpets some newer furniture; however the curtains and couch needed replacement. The bathroom was functional and could use an updating with new fixtures and tile. The room was thoroughly cleaned by 1PM every day.

We chose this resort for the Golf and Casino and enjoyed both. The course is the equivalent to good public one in the states (Better one 2 miles away at Dorado Beach Club but very costly). The Casino was very basic but a nice distraction for a few hours.

Good restaurants in all price ranges and categories with most being 2-3 miles away from the resort. A few nights we ate at the resort and across the street both were good and convenient but more expensive that in town. Supermarkets for goodies, wine, booze, and beer are in town and are assessable.

My final random thoughts of this vacation experience in no particular order are most people in the Dorado community are welcoming and gracious but take precautions when traveling outside the resort, ask the front desk when are were you can travel. Area is full of gated communities and security is on everyone’s mind. A car is very helpful. This resort has limited activities for very active people. The staff does the best it can do under budget restraints so there are well worn areas in many rooms and around the beautiful grounds. The beach at the hotel has a man made reef because of rough tides so its shallow a bit rocky, hard to walk along and narrow but great to look at. If you are the type that gets upset because they temporarily run out of butter, a lime slice or the ice machine may be down on your floor your better off elsewhere. That does not faze me so yes I can recommend this resort and would return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Thomas:

WOW, thank you so much for this spectacular and detailed review, it certainly made my day when I read it. I have shared this review with the staff and Executive Commitee and we are all more than pleased and satisfied about all your comments. Thanks for taking the time of detailing your experience and noticing the areas that we have corrected based on other clients reviewed, we continue working on areas of need in order to satisfy every guest every time.

It was a pleasure seeing you in the lobby and always receiving your smile and great feedback every time. Thank you so much for the time spent with me, those are the moments that bring the most satisfaction of working in the hotel industry.

Hope I have the oportunity to greet you on your next visit in Dorado!

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Broken bathroom counter, missing veneer on furniture in first room. Moved to a different room. There is no heat in either room and it got chilly at night. The furniture is worn and stained, the rooms in both cases were not clean. Bandaids, dirt, dust and bits of toilet paper under the sink, dirty socks were in the bedroom. The very short strip of shared beach need to be cleaned up, with trash and whatever else washed ashore...

During our stay, some rather expensive Photography equipment "disappeared". I can't say for sure, but I believe it was removed by housekeeping? Did not notice till I got back home that a $250 strobe was missing. The main camera and lenses were luckily locked in the safe. It all would have been except the safe was really tiny. The staff was very friendly and that at least keeps this property from being 1 star.

The resort is 20 miles from anything you would want to see and we did not find any good food nearby. If we went to PR again, we would stay in San Juan, where there are several good places to eat.

Room Tip: Choose someplace else, there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello KF:

Thanks for your detailed review, we will certainly take these comments and make the best out of it, in regards to the cleanliness and condition of the suite furniture and the beach please be advised that we are currently undergoing special cleaning projects in order to correct any issues in the suites and surrounding, my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused.
In regards to the missing camera please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I can have this issue worked on and get a possible solution for it.

Thank You and have a great day!
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, teenage son & I had a wonderful stay here from January 27 - February 5th, 2013! Our room on the 6th floor was clean, comfortable and very quiet as it was in the corner at the end of the hall, with a beautiful view from our balcony of the ocean, pool area & golf course! Breakfast every morning was great and the food was always fresh, hot and more than enough - made to order eggs was a great touch! The evening cocktails & snacks were a nice touch, the pool and beach are great and the staff more than accomodating! The only thing we did not care for was having to pay nightly to park our rental car as we feel that somehow perhaps there should be a way to seperate the hotel guests from the golf course & casino guests and not charge them, as this is a first for us! All in all a nice place to stay, very easy to get to anything one wishes to see & do and certainly great to be outside of the very busy San Juan area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear krsthom:

Thank You so much for submitting your review, I am happy you had a good experience in our hotel, I will share the comments with the staff as well. It is great to hear we have aaccomplished our goal of satisfaction.

Greenfield, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the best option for staying near San Juan without the hustle and bustle. The hotel staff is VERY helpful with directions on ways to get to San Juan and avoid the traffic. We drove on a lovely coastal and parked the car and road a $.50 ferry to Old San Juan. The Barcardi distillery was also on the way. There are a lot of name brand eating options in Dorado but the restaurant in the hotel is very good (try the Munfungo) and moderately priced. The weekend bands are very loud but you can close the door between the living area and bedroom of your suite and block out the noise if you are on a higher floor. It did make dining in the restaurant a little annoying, though. We had a partial ocean view room but it was beautiful. We stayed on the 7th floor in room 2017 I think.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi Twillialto:

So happy to read you had a pleasant experience in our hotel and you considered our staff helpful as that is one our our top goals, I will share this with the staff. In regards to the comments about the loud music I will discuss with the person in charge in order to contemplate other option so that everyone feels confortable.

Thanks for your comments!

Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

From the time we checked in through our departure, the staff was accommodating, friendly, and always greeting us with a smile. From the front desk to the bellhop Juan Carlos. The food from breakfast to dinner was amazing. I went there to be close to a wedding location I was coordinating, and the day after the wedding I was able to enjoy a peaceful time by the beach. Looking forward to returning on vacation.

Room Tip: For those who want to have a great experience of Puerto Rico, but may not want to stay in the San Ju...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear LEBJV:

Wow thanks for your great review, what a way to start a day!! I have shared your comments with the staff and Juan Carlos is very happy with your recognition. it's a huge satisfaction to read that we have achieved the goal we set every day, satisfying our guests. I hope I have the pleasure of greeting you on your next stay.

Thanks again, have a beautiful day!
Isaias Rodriguez

Been to Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!