“Overall great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort

You added Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Dorado Del Mar Boulevard, Dorado 00646, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$129 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
“Overall great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed at Embassy Suites nov 16-21, 2012. It was our 1st stay in Puerto Rico. The hotel has a gorgeous lobby and pool area. Rooms are decent in size. Beautiful views! Spacious mulileveled pool with jacuzzi. Food and drinks right at the pool during the day. Awesome breakfast, although, a bit crowded. Rooms weren't spotless but could be worse. Beds were comfortable, and balcony view from the 7th floor were breathtaking! Definitely get a rental car no matter what your travel agent says. Most places in Dorado have at least one person that speaks some English. I would definitely choose dorado over San Jaun. Less congested, more laid back and quiet. Weather in the "off season" was amazing. 80-90 everyday with a few rain showers.

• Stayed November 2012
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Forgacmg:

Thank you so much for you review and for choosing our property for your leisure, you have definitely made my day with you feedback and hope in the future you can repeat your visit in our property.

Have a beautiful day!

Isaias Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I spent 12 nights at this hotel on business purpose. To start with room, it was the biggest room I have ever stayed. I am from Europe and I am used to stay at tiny rooms where you hardly move. In this hotel, the room is consisted of living and sleeping area. Oh, what a comfort! There were two flat screen TVs, kitchen area, sofa in the room. The room was equipped with microwave, coffee machine, iron set and hairdryer. Considering the time I spent at the hotel, I had every equipment I need.

In the breakfast, there were pancakes, omelet, fruits, yoghurts, cheese, peanut butter etc. My days were hectic due to huge workload but the breakfast was boosted my energy every morning. Also, the hotel gave 2 free water every day and free drinks&snacks at 5 pm.

The beach was not as I expected. The sand seemed to be dirty and the beach was full of moss which is "yuck" for me!

Overall, I really enjoyed staying there and felt like home

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed in July 2012 not long since my June 2012 stay. I am attaching pictures of my room that speak volumes. This property is all about emphasizing a false sense of prestige/eliteness that besmirches the brand. I don't understand why there isn't proper management of the property and operations. Disappointed again but there aren't many good choices since I work with a customer several miles west in Arecibo.
I normally recommend Embassy Suites but given the choices I can only say that this one is disappointing.
The food is ok The fitness room is almost laughable--if the treadmills are working they are ok but the weight/exercise stand cannot be fully used due to the low ceiling, while the Swiss balls are nearly flat and the room is very warm and stuffy. At least there is now a parking garage, not the muddy potholes I paid to park in back in 2006.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Edna G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Phaser,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We appreciate the fact that you are staying with us since 2006.

I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our guest suite and property appearance is an area we are actively examining. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Once again please do accept our apologies. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Dorado, Puerto Rico again so that I may personally take care of you and your next
stay.

Happy Holidays!

Edna Garcia
edna.garcia@hilton.com
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Outstanding hotel. Large, clean and well equipped suites; and a great breakfast (especially liked the made- to- order omelettes). Nice happy hour, and great pool area for families. Very comfortable beds!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello Steve:

Thanks for you positive feedback, I am happy you happy you had a pleasant experience and we exceeded your expectations.

Thanks for your comments and for staying with us.

Have a great day!

Arecibo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I just spent four lovely days in the Embassy Suites in Dorado. We had a oceanfront room on the fifth floor. The ocean view was spectatular, after looking down at all the flowers and palm trees, and the beautiful pool. It is beautiful tropical setting, very lush and green. The inside of hotel is also very beautiful, with the large atrium complete with water pools and trees inside. The breakfast is one of the best that we have had in PR. The managers reception in the evening starting at five oclock, and lasting two hours, was also a nice touch, with many kinds of drinks and snacks. The casino is another option on the premises. Friday to Sunday they have live music and dancing. As we were checking out, they were starting to put up Christmas decorations. We live in PR and look forward to going back to see all their Christmas displays.

Room Tip: To get a great view out of the oceanfront rooms, try the higher floors, to see above the trees. We s...
Dear Retired 043:

I am very happy to read about your pleasant stay at our property and the positive feedback you have provided. I hope you would repeat the visit in our hotel and I can personally great you.

Have a great day!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed with my husband and children. All around nice place. My only negative comments is that our room was neat but it needed a thorough cleaning. The bathroom looked like it was quickly wiped down and they forgot to sweep/mop because there was hair on the floor. The rug felt dirty on bare feet. I made my family wear socks or flipflops in the room. Staff was great and over all we did have a nice time.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was me, my husband, daughter, & sister in a king suite. My daughter & sister shared the sofa bed & had their space & my husband & me had our own space; it was much appreciated. The hotel was clean but outdated.
Food was expensive at the hotel but we couldn't find any places to eat in PR that wasn't. Lol! It was great at least having breakfast included. The Manager's Reception was great - Blue Margarita's every night for me. :)
The location of the hotel was ideal for us. Not far from San Juan and not far from our relatives in Arecibo. It was helpful to have a rental car to move around the island.
I would definitely recommend this place especially if you get a great room rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!