“Great Food but don't use your credit card” 4 of 5 stars

787-833-2041
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 63 Restaurants in Mayaguez
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great Food but don't use your credit card”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was great, but took a long time to be served. Its an eating experiences. My credit card was cloned at the store. At the same time I was using my credit another person was using my credit card at Sweetbay supermarkets in Tampa, Florida. Pay in cash. Store does not take american express.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Los Hoopie Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Service is good, ambience is very typical of country Puerto Rico. Food is very good, served with taste and lots of gourmet dishes.

Visited October 2012
Gurabo
“Terrible Service - Average Food - Be careful tip included in ticket”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went there on Saturday September 1, 2012 with my mother and my sister. There were only three other tables with customers. After waiting for a while (like 10 minutes - not that bad but not what you would expect at their prices) the waiter took our orders. He never asked us if we wanted something to drink. Nobody even asked us if we wanted some water. We order "bolitas de queso" as appetizers and Mofongos rellenos as main dish. After 45 minutes of hungry waiting (without water and still waiting for our bolitas de queso) another party came in (like 7 or 8). In less than 5-10 minutes they were having some appetizers and we were still waiting. After more or less one hour of waiting, finally the appetizers came. They were very greasy which is terrible when you are hungry. Since they never brought us napkins, plates, forks, etc. (you get the mesage) we started eating them like that (que remedio). We needed to take napkins from another table. We wait for like another 10 minutes and finally the main dishes arrive. Of course I didn;t have a fork and guess what: They brought me one and it was dirty. So, the food was average, not bad, but nothin special if you compare it with Raices or Gonzalez Sea Food, etc. Moreover, (para colmo) when they gave me the ticket, the tip was included and we were only three people. Even worst, at the end of the ticket they had an already calculated suggested tip on the total amount that already included th tip. I am not an expert but isn't that some kind of scam??? In summary, terrible service, average food, double tip.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Great wine list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good food, good wine list, so so service. Reasonable prices. Hard to find for some one that not from Mayaguez.

Visited June 2012
“gret food, terrible service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

i have been here three times and i always enjoy the food and the prices are just right but the service was horrible. We never got tha drinks and when we where done i called the weitress for the chek and they ignored me completly i had to sand up to pay.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere