“Great hotel for pre-cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1149 Magdalena Ave Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Mead, Washington
“Great hotel for pre-cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed for one night pre-cruise where all we needed was a clean, quiet room with a good bed. This hotel more than fit the bill! Friendly staff, good location, quiet, good A/C, very comfortable beds. Perfect!

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms on the 3rd floor, all were great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel does not offer fridge in room. Parking is around the block which on Thursday, Friday and Saturday is an extremely busy street. On my stay one of those busy days I had to leave my car keys because the parking was extremely busy. I asked the attendant what hours of service they had and I was told it was 24 hrs. The next day I needed my car at 6:00 am, due to work in the area, and to my surprise there was no employee there. I went in three time in half and hour and no one arrived. As a result I was forced to take a taxi which charged me 13.00 for a five minute ride. By the way the front desk employee was very diligent although he did not have a phone number for the parking, but he did get the taxi there very soon after my request. If you are traveling there and using taxis for your travel I understand you will not have a problem. Also the air conditioning unit are old and very noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Our hot water was less than desirable in the morning but, overall the service and room were above average. My wife and I would stay here again. Very clean rooms and comfortable bedding. The staff is top notch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights and it was wonderful. A friend referred me and I'm glad he did. Rooms are kept very cool and well clean. Pool area is very relaxing and well manned. Btw the cool guy is cute lol. Its convenient to very good restaurants, beach, and you feel very safe. My flight was a little later then checkout and the staff kept my belongings safe for additional three hours. .nice....I can't wait to try the bottom rooms with the deck. I had the luxury of meeting the manager and he was very friendly , showing a great interest on making sure the stay was nice...kudos..I definitely recommend to stay here with flying colors.

• Stayed September 2013
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked a night at Le Consulat in a rush....I have stayed at 4 star hotels on prior trips to San Juan. I must honestly say that I had the best time at this hotel. I was traveling solo and arrived way before check in time. I spoke to the girl at the front desk (Tatiana) and explained that I was early, but really needed to use a restroom and also wanted to know if I could leave my bags there. Tatiana checked and found an available room and checked me in right away. She also gave me a map and took time to personally map out for me the best beaches and restaurants. I had read a few reviews and wasn't sure what I was getting into. My room was lovely, overlooking the pool area. My room was very clean and the air conditioning felt great. The bathroom was very clean and there were clean towels provided. The next day, when I went to check out, I explained that I had a few hours to kill before going to my next destination. The girl working the desk (Suzette) was very helpful and offered to keep my bags safe while I enjoyed a few more hours at the beach which was a very short walk away...maybe 2 blocks. There were plenty of places to eat around and nice places to walk around. During my two days there, I never moved my car. I was even lucky enough to find a free parking space right in front of the hotel. I must say, I really enjoyed my stay at Le Consulat and have absolutely nothing negative to say at all. I will be looking to book a room there on my next visit to San Juan. Very nice staff!!!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the pool area and had a nice view. Pool was nice and cozy. I actually had it all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

How do you satisfy yourself after coming off a huge cruise ship in San Juan .go to a small hotel, not a major monster.This little building, which we actually walked past while already guests of the place, was clean, simple, up to date, and had the staff to make it rate well as a boutique hotel.It is 30 seconds from the bus line into old San Juan, 3 minutes walk to the beach, near many equitable restaurants as well as high end, and, to top it off , has a quiet pool in the back with sum most of the day, such that , it makes it hard to leave, after having been surrounded by 4000 others on the ship.
It's 8 minutes from the port, the local airport , and 15 from the international airport.This tip was in feb 2013, and at the time there was no breakfast offered.we were told this was being changed in the near future , so ask before booking.A great location no matter which way you walk out the door.

Room Tip: A room at the back would place you over the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Le Consulat has all the attributes of a boutique hotel in the heart of Condado. It's inexpensive, and close to a variety of small shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean and cozy and the staff is welcoming and attentive. For the business traveller, it's very close to San Juan proper and there is easy access to the Baldorioty expressway. It is quiet and has excellent WiFi.

Room Tip: Very limited parking in front of the hotel. Stiff competition for street parking. Parking lot around...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!