“My trip to San Juan....” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1149 Magdalena Ave Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 47 hotels in San Juan
York, PA
“My trip to San Juan....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked a night at Le Consulat in a rush....I have stayed at 4 star hotels on prior trips to San Juan. I must honestly say that I had the best time at this hotel. I was traveling solo and arrived way before check in time. I spoke to the girl at the front desk (Tatiana) and explained that I was early, but really needed to use a restroom and also wanted to know if I could leave my bags there. Tatiana checked and found an available room and checked me in right away. She also gave me a map and took time to personally map out for me the best beaches and restaurants. I had read a few reviews and wasn't sure what I was getting into. My room was lovely, overlooking the pool area. My room was very clean and the air conditioning felt great. The bathroom was very clean and there were clean towels provided. The next day, when I went to check out, I explained that I had a few hours to kill before going to my next destination. The girl working the desk (Suzette) was very helpful and offered to keep my bags safe while I enjoyed a few more hours at the beach which was a very short walk away...maybe 2 blocks. There were plenty of places to eat around and nice places to walk around. During my two days there, I never moved my car. I was even lucky enough to find a free parking space right in front of the hotel. I must say, I really enjoyed my stay at Le Consulat and have absolutely nothing negative to say at all. I will be looking to book a room there on my next visit to San Juan. Very nice staff!!!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the pool area and had a nice view. Pool was nice and cozy. I actually had it all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

How do you satisfy yourself after coming off a huge cruise ship in San Juan .go to a small hotel, not a major monster.This little building, which we actually walked past while already guests of the place, was clean, simple, up to date, and had the staff to make it rate well as a boutique hotel.It is 30 seconds from the bus line into old San Juan, 3 minutes walk to the beach, near many equitable restaurants as well as high end, and, to top it off , has a quiet pool in the back with sum most of the day, such that , it makes it hard to leave, after having been surrounded by 4000 others on the ship.
It's 8 minutes from the port, the local airport , and 15 from the international airport.This tip was in feb 2013, and at the time there was no breakfast offered.we were told this was being changed in the near future , so ask before booking.A great location no matter which way you walk out the door.

Room Tip: A room at the back would place you over the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Le Consulat has all the attributes of a boutique hotel in the heart of Condado. It's inexpensive, and close to a variety of small shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean and cozy and the staff is welcoming and attentive. For the business traveller, it's very close to San Juan proper and there is easy access to the Baldorioty expressway. It is quiet and has excellent WiFi.

Room Tip: Very limited parking in front of the hotel. Stiff competition for street parking. Parking lot around...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

A small hotel, very clean room and nicely decorated. Good wifi and cable tv selections. Located in Condado, a couple of blocks from the beach, and close to many attractions. Valet parking around the block was a little inconvenient. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Astoria, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The service here was wonderful...the receptionist there were very knowledgable about what places were get to eat and visit! They made us feel very comfortable. There was a slight problem with the shower but everything else was clean and in great order! They have a pool in the back didn't get to swim in it but it looked lovely! Would love to stay there again on my next vaca!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first stay at Le Consult, and I recommend the hotel highly. The staff was great - helpful and friendly, and the location is about 100 yards from La Concha - near the beach, parks, restaurants, bars, etc.

The room was nice, fairly recently updated, and very clean. Some water leaked into the floor around the A/C when it rained very hard, and the shower water pressure was a little weak and the tile/drain could use a little work. Those are minor things - this hotel is a great value for the location - you cannot ask for a better location and the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Third floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
North Bethesda, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here when all other hotels in the area were fully booked. It's locate very close to many high traffic places, which had me concerned about noise, but gladly this was not an issue. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathroom design is a disaster, clean but poorly maintained. We didn't have hot water, a problem that nearly all past reviews call out. It seems management has tried to install some in line domestic water heaters but this option fails due to many installation issues. Its a pity becuas the hotel is good, they just need management thats genuinely concerned with fixing it right, rather than putting a band aid on it

• Stayed January 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!