“Solid place for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

787-724-0999
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 628 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Solid place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went for breakfast since it was a short walk from our hotel, La Concha.

My husband ordered a custom omelet and I got banana pancakes.

The omelet came piping hot stuffed with crispy bacon, melted cheddar and onions. However, the home fries were lukewarm.

There are two pancakes to an order. The pancakes were thicker and more dense compared to the typical pancake. I thought they were delicious but I was full after just one.

Our server barely spoke English but was friendly and on the ball.

For breakfast, you can do sit down menu service or order coffee and pastries at the counter. The second time we went, we got beef empanadas and beef turnovers from the bakery case. It seems very popular with locals.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“If you want a great local breakfast taste, this is the place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Located near the Condado, San Juan, Miramar; it's proximity to most metro hotels gives it an upper hand as to location, location, location. Prices are great, service is excellent, and the food is to try and try once again. I visited this restaurant with my girlfriend who happens to know a little of Spanish. As she was trying to order in Spanish, so that she practices her dialect, the people at Pelayo were so nice and patient and helped her with her pronounciations and guided her thru the order. Super friendly and kind. That's what I look for in people when I dine out. Great place!! Give it a try!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect for a local breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you want a good cup of spanish coffee and spanish bread - Pan de Manteca, then stop here. Its a walk away from La Concha- where we stayed and we enjoyed the morning walk. Breakfast here gave us a chance to get away from the tourist area feel without having to go too far. Its a good sign when you see local people stopping in to eat as well. I kept to my eggs sunny side up with ham and my husband had the turkey and cheese. Service is ok, but the price is great, two meals, two beverages - $15!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Vernon, New York USA
“Afternoon coffee spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This spot satisfies my afternoon people watching and coffee yens. It has some dishes that one encounters in other Latin countries so if a person likes variety it is available. Being more isolated one avoids the heavier people traffic of Ashford Avenue.

Visited March 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Breakfast hotspot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Walking distance from Conrad Condado on Luisa. Local policeman recommended this to us the day before. Nice and small neighborly gathering place. Plenty inside and outside seating. Ordered omelette and a scrambler,homemade potatoes and everything came out hot and timely. Pineapple juice from a can was delicious and coffee was just right. The meal also came with French bread slices toasted. The service was excellent and our waitress was extra nice and helpful when explaining the menu items. We will definitely eat here again. They also have desserts of which I didn't try but my mate tried the cheesecake and said it to was very good

Visited April 2013